Redemption
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Protection is our Job

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mission Two: Epidemic

Go down 
+5
Gabriel Sharpe
Sorren Gan
Bakel Marlo
Saboteur
Lillian Crae
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Lillian Crae
Lieutenant (T)
Lieutenant (T)
Lillian Crae

Mission Two: Epidemic Empty
PostSubject: Mission Two: Epidemic   Mission Two: Epidemic EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 1:26 pm

||Starbase 12
||Mess Hall
||August 27, 2387

Lillian was supposed to be working right then, but she was taking a much needed food break because she had skipped breakfast before for work. She was really happy these days as she was growing closer in her friendship with Taylor and she felt solid in her friendship with Max. Everything seemed to be on the mend and there were more marines on the starbase and everyone seemed to be on the happier side of things. It made Lillian feel pretty good, and so she grabbed some food and staked out a table before she set to her coffee.

She smiled as she put the cream and sugar in, sipping it and letting the smoky, sweet flavor set in and wash over her tongue. Then she set in to the waffles and the sausage, thinking over her list of things to do for the day. Lillian had some experiments to check on and she still wanted to meet the new marines properly as catching them while looking for Taylor really didn't count. Besides, it was weird for a doctor to be in the armory, so she was just kind of focusing on her work as well as on Marlo as they were still best friends.

"Hello, Doctor Crae," Shelley said as she passed. "you seem bubbly today."

Lillian smiled at her. "It's a good day so far. How are you? Want to sit?"

"Sure," Shelley told her as she took a set at the table with her own breakfast. "I've been alright. I mean, after everything, I don't think any of us are perfect, but we're moving forward."

"Exactly!" Lillian exclaimed merrily. "We are all taking everything one step at a time and I think most of us have started to really come together."

Shelley smirked and sipped her coffee. "Taylor?"

"What does Marlo tell you?" Lillian laughed, blushing a little thinking about him. "Taylor and I are friends and I'm perfectly happy about that."

"The blush says otherwise," Shelley replied as she dug into her bacon.

Lillian chewed on her lip a moment as she took a deep breath, focusing on her food some more and then looking at Shelley. They were friends, but at the same time Shelley was a counselor and sometimes it was hard to tell whether Shelley wanted to have girl talk or pick your brain. Since Lillian didn't want to think I'll of this attempt and since Shelley wasn't her counselor since she was a senior officer and Shelley was a junior officer, Lillian just smiled and shrugged as she ate a bite of sausage.

"Taylor is a very handsome marine, but I don't think he wants anything from me that I might want of him," Lillian explained slowly.

Shelley shrugged at that. "Marlo says he braved Sickbay for you and brought you ice cream."

"Doesn't mean anything other than friendship..." Lillian replied, but now her hopes were up again. "How is Gabe?"

"Fine," Shelley said, but it was her turn to blush now. "He is very sweet and I enjoy his company. Sometimes I worry about him though because he went through a lot."

Lillian smiled at her. "Well, if you care so adamently, then he's in good hands."

"Should I ask about you and Max, or...?"

"Max and I are the first and second officer...any sexual attraction I have toward him is unprofessional--not that my feelings for Taylor aren't unprofessional too..."

"Betazoids really do have more fun."

The two young women laughed at that, both of them hoping that the day would stay this good. Even though there was a lot for them to focus on, there was really nothing quite like unwinding with a good friend and relaxing before returning to work. All of what they had been working toward was panning out and they were really helping Gan with his restructure. As long as everyone made sure to do their job and work well together, there was no telling what kind of greatness that they could achieve.

<Taggles: Any>
Back to top Go down
https://starbase12.forumotion.com
Saboteur

Saboteur

PostSubject: Re: Mission Two: Epidemic   Mission Two: Epidemic EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 4:36 pm

||Starbase 12
||Science Labs
||August 27, 2387

There was so much to do right now and not a lot of time to do it in. Every move had to be incredibly precise and well thought out and right now it was more about the execution than it was about the planning. It had been planned and planned and planned...now it was time to make sure that the plan was actually carried out, but where to start? Nothing could be left up to chance and they had to be as overly cautious as ever to make sure that every step was covered--that no one could find them. No one could trace this back. Oh, she'd be sorry. When she figured out what was going on she would be sorry she ever defied him and that was enough...it was enough because she wouldn't even squeal about it.
Back to top Go down
Bakel Marlo
Lieutenant (Y)
Lieutenant (Y)
Bakel Marlo

PostSubject: Re: Mission Two: Epidemic   Mission Two: Epidemic EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 8:18 pm

||Starbase 12
||Engineering
||August 27, 2387

Things had finally calmed down since their first mission--Marlo nodded approvingly as she scanned over the datapad she'd been handed by her temporary helper. She'd been making Gabe see a counselor regularly for what happened on deck twelve. She knew exactly how he felt. Marlo hadn't even been on the Endeavor when it was destroyed--she and eleven other Engineers were at a seminar, led by her mentor and hero, Montgomery Scott, and had returned a few hours later to find everything they loved gone, and so she knew that talking about it was probably the best thing anyone could do right now.

"I really appreciate your help, Tay'Li--If someone had told me a month ago I'd be getting help from a security officer, I probably would've laughed in their face--but you really know your stuff." Marlo told her.

Tay'Li shrugged. She'd loved her Engineering courses but had wanted to bash in some heads too and no one took kindly to having a tool thrown at their heads when they made a mistake. After she'd killed Jason Cobalt, and fixed the gaps in the security force, she hadn't had much to do, and had volunteered to help Marlo and Gabe restore everything. It had been forever since she had fixed anything and actually had forgotten how much she loved it.

"I like to know how to fix what I break--so I can restore it and probably break it again. It's a good stress buster--like Calisthenics. I can fix anything I break as long as it's not a boy...non-Klingon boys are so fragile, I don't know how you manage them." Tay'Li chuckled.

Marlo laughed too. "Very carefully."

Tay'Li scrunched up her nose and shook her head. "That doesn't sound fun at all."

The two of them grinned at each other before Tay'Li took the data pad back and erased it. She nodded briefly to Marlo--that was the last of it and she really should return to the Security offices. Greton, Sykes, Jacobs, and Kintes were going to be lost without her--as those two months on Qo'Nos had proved. They'd gotten lax in their duties and she intended to make them remember why they did things her way and thoroughly or not at all. Because if they didn't look at all the options they missed something--and she still owed them a round a pain sticks for all their failures.

"Thanks for the help." Marlo told her.

"No problem. I'd say anytime, but I have my duties too."
Back to top Go down
Sorren Gan
Captain (R)
Captain (R)
Sorren Gan

PostSubject: Re: Mission Two: Epidemic   Mission Two: Epidemic EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 3:33 am

||Starbase 12
||Ready Room -> Holodeck 1
||August 27, 2387

Dragging himself out of his of his chair he groaned softly and went to the replicator. "Coffee. Black." He had more or less been forgoing sleep and had just started catching up in the last week or so. It had been hectic, but now the station was beginning to settle down, his senior staff were behaving like adults most of the time and most of his requests to Starfleet had been met. He had helped break in the new people and had assigned more or less tour guides. He envied his predecessor, he didn't envy the captain's amount of work that had to be done anymore. There was just so much of it, it hardly seemed like he had any time to even think to himself. But today, today he would get to relax. He promised himself, even if it was only ten minutes before he got paged.

He got out of his office, "Computer forward all communications to me personally." He reported as he finally made it out. He stretched and felt like it was the first time he had seen the sun in days. He made his way down the levels to the holodecks, unbuttoning and opening up his duty jacket. He would be off-duty for the remainder of the hour even if he did get called back out. He opened the doors of the holodeck and smiled softly, letting out his breath slowly. "Computer. Something sunny. A beach somewhere. And a beach chair with an umbrella please." The computer rendered the holograms and he sat down in the chair, glad for the umbrella even if the holodecks rays of sun couldn't actually give him a burn. He chuckled, "Garçon." He called out, and thought for a moment. He couldn't actually drink, so he continued with, "Virgin mojito with mint please. And an umbrella in the glass, if you would be so kind." The computer created a waiter and then created his drink. He lounged back and sipped at it sparingly, just enjoying the freedom from responsibility for the moment. He listened to the sound of the waves of the ocean ebbing and flowing. He closed his eyes, blissful for the moment.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Sharpe
Lieutenant JG (Y)
Lieutenant JG (Y)
Gabriel Sharpe

PostSubject: Re: Mission Two: Epidemic   Mission Two: Epidemic EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 6:07 pm

||Starbase 12
||The Gym
||August 27, 2387

Clad in a black vest and loose fitting trousers Gabe gave the punching bag in front of him another flurry of blows. Sweat rolled down his brow and his clothes where soaked after the hours he'd been in the gym. His breathing was labored and exhaustion was a real danger. He'd bearly slept since the incident on deck 12, his dreams haunted by the sights he'd seen and the knowledge there was nothing he could do to save them.

Each morning he woke up, his bed soaked in cold sweat as the nightmares took hold again. After a week he'd attempted to work out his issues on a punchbag. His arms ached, as did most of the rest of him after nearly a month of pushing himself so hard. With each punch he went over the names and faces of those that had died.

*thump* Ulth Icif, Andorian, Born 23th january 2365.

*thump* Euri Far, Joined Trill, Host Born 18th March 2339, symbiont born 2147.

He'd gone over the names more then a few times, It was like a mantra now. Punch, name, the sting of the pewter hammer that hung from a simple leather cord around his neck as it swung. He pushed himself harder, speeding up the punches and putting as much power behind them as he could. His punchs became slower as his muscles complained at being over worked, the aches in his body becoming pain. Black spots appeared in his vision seconds before he blacked out.
Back to top Go down
Bakel Marlo
Lieutenant (Y)
Lieutenant (Y)
Bakel Marlo

PostSubject: Re: Mission Two: Epidemic   Mission Two: Epidemic EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 8:02 pm

||Starbase 12
||Engineering->Gym
||August 27, 2387
||1040 hours

Marlo slid out from under a bulkhead and examined her work, before looking around Engineering. Everywhere she looked she saw people bustling about reading reports and running diagnostics--it did her heart good to see everyone performing their jobs well and above the call of duty. An Engineer's work was never done it seemed. Something was missing--though it took Marlo a moment to figure out what it was.

She motioned an ensign over to her.

"Huskley have you seen Lieutenant Sharpe?"

He was scheduled for a shift at 1015, and there wasn't a sign of him anywhere. Something must've happened--he didn't have a counseling session until later that day. Maybe she should be the one to talk to him...after all she knew exactly what he was going through. She'd been through the same thing two years ago.

Huskley shook his head. "Not since yesterday, Ma'am."

"It's not crunch time yet, Ensign. I'll let you know when." She teased, and looked up. "Computer, locate Lieutenant Sharpe."

"Lieutenant Sharpe is in the Gym." The computer stated coolly.

Marlo nodded, and motioned for Huskley to return to his post, as she made her way out of Engineering and to the gym, only to see Gabe passed out on the floor in front of a punching bag--something told her the incident on Deck 12 had hit him harder than he wanted to admit. She walked over to him and shook him gently.

"Gabe...wake up--are you okay?"

His head feeling like a lead weight Gabe heard Marlo's voice, though it sounded much further away. He opened his eyes and attempted to sit up. As he did he felt a wave of nausea wash over him and he groaned. Pain ran through his arm as he raised it to his head to rub his eyes. As he started to regain his vision he saw Marlo right next to him and saw he was on the floor.

"I'm fine Chief." He said though his voice sounded weak and a little shaky, "Just need..." He started as he attempted to stand up, his knees buckling almost as soon as he did, "Okay maybe I need a minute or two."

Marlo nodded, and sat cross-legged next to him on the floor. He could take all the time he needed--she probably wouldn't even make him go clock in for his shift, It seemed like working and seeing a counselor were not the right call for Gabe. Approaching something like this wasn't easy but Marlo knew it would be better to just get it out--obviously talking to a counselor--even Shelley--wasn't good enough. They hadn't been through it and therefore couldn't really make him feel better, but she knew exactly what was going on in his head. Guilt, anger, self-loathing.

"Take all the time you need--I need you in top form...the incident on Deck Twelve really rattled your chain didn't it?" She asked slowly. "If you need to talk about it--I know exactly what you're going through."

Sitting on the ground Gabe nodded, His mind casting him back to earlier that month.

"I haven't slept right since then, can't forget what happened and what I saw, Shoulda been a simple task." He started, "Had it not been for that damn hidden program I coulda sorted the problem in well under five minutes. As it is, I fought for twenty minutes, using every trick I could think of."

He pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed slightly, as much as he hated himself for the events of that day he knew there was something much deeper to it.

"What makes things worse is that fact I'm pretty sure Cobalt was nothing more then a pawn in some larger chess game. Afterwards, I went over every inch of that program. Whoever wrote it knew exactly what they were doing and exactly how to hide it in the system. Cobalt didn't have the knowledge needed to write that program."

Marlo nodded, and closed her eyes for a minute...something about this whole mess was familiar--but she couldn't figure out why...like a long forgotten memory. She shrugged it off and put a comforting hand on his shoulder--she could tell him he did everything he could; she could tell him he'd forget in time; she could tell him it was okay to grieve but to do better for those still alive; she could even tell him that without his hard work it could've been a lot worse...but she knew from experience that it wouldn't help and that time didn't heal all wounds.

At least those people had someone trying to save them--even if he didn't succeed, Gabe was at least there to try...it made it harder on him though, because he had had to watch them die; people who didn't do anything wrong--they were just in the wrong place at the wrong time. The people who destroyed the Endeavor--her friends--had sold everyone out to get back at her, while she was at an engineering seminar with her eleven most promising engineers. Monty had wanted her there, and had thus saved her life, but all she felt was guilt and remorse, anger and pain, loss and grief. Every emotion went hand in hand.

"I hate to sound cliche, and I know it won't make you feel better--but I know you did your best and there was nothing else you could've done. I know that won't help you sleep better...they still died on your watch, and you're beating yourself up for it even though deep down you know it doesn't help, but this feeling doesn't ever really go away. That's what it really comes down to--the loss of life, doesn't it?" Marlo asked glumly. "I remember every name, every face of my former crew, and I still grieve. But I remember them and try to do better for everyone still alive...everyone I can save. While there is no cure for death, I keep their memories close. In some way they're still here."

She hoped this was helping Gabe somewhat.

He knew there was nothing he could have done, he was doomed from the start but that didn't help at the minute it seemed nothing did. He'd blamed himself everyday since the event despite knowing it wasn't his fault, nobody on the station to his knowledge blamed him, only himself.

Other then a few breakfasts with Shelly he'd thrown himself into his work, even more then normal, and gone over the programs left in the system. He'd spent hours going over every inch of the programs making notes and collecting as much information as he could.

Tapping his temple Gabe said, "Can't help but have the memories of that day close. They were waiting to be saved, to know that despite whatever Hell was happening they'd be able to walk away. I did everything I could but it wasn't enough, their only hope was a guy that had no hope of ever saving 'em."

Marlo stood up and brushed herself off. "Take the day off, sit on a beach in the holodeck, or stare out a window in the mess--whatever you feel is best. I don't want you killing yourself over this."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
&

Last edited by Bakel Marlo on Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lillian Crae
Lieutenant (T)
Lieutenant (T)
Lillian Crae

PostSubject: Re: Mission Two: Epidemic   Mission Two: Epidemic EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 8:28 pm

||Starbase 12
||Barracks > Promenade
||August 27, 2387

Lillian didn't know why it was her task to go and give this report to Taylor, but she figured that the sooner the better and so she headed into the Barracks with her head held high. She was determined to do this without seeming like a crazy stalker, but she knew that this was part of her job, mingling with other senior officers and she wasn't really prepared for what happened yet. All she knew was that she had entered thinking that she would just hand him the PADD, make small talk and leave, but then she took one look at the wet marine and suddenly she couldn't even breathe.

He was wet and water was dripping down his muscles, fully naked and open to be viewed by anyone who walked in here, which kind of made her a little jealous that anyone could see him like this. Still, she felt her whole body flush and she unintentionally unzipped her duty jacket, because she felt like she was hot and bothered and needed some air. Part of her wanted to just take the situation and make it a positive, but she wasn't sure if that was what she wanted to do...was it? She wasn't supposed to see him like this outside of dreamland in her quarters and his body...God.

Taylor Lucas had an incredibly body.

Along with the influx of marines to the station that he now found himself in charge of, Taylor had been given his advanced recon squad. There was James Corden, a personal friend of Taylor who had been with him through the Dominion War. Then there was the Caitian sniper Erlin Novus and the Starfleet Medical Fleet Corpsman Yemani Jenn who had fought with Taylor on Thesa Prime. Of course they had been much younger but the campaign had given them a bucket loads of experience. Last but not least was the demo/tech-comm expert and relative newcomer to the squad Alexi Petrovic. Despite his young age and relative inexperience he had proven a useful part of the Corps. Taylor was interested to see how he did.

Of course when surrounded by some people who you trust modesty doesn't really come into it. Taylor had been for a water shoulder and hadn't really clocked Lillian standing there. However Alexi had and in his inexperience called out "Officer on the deck!" which prompted all but Taylor to stand ramrod straight at attention. Instead he turned around to see who it was before his eyes widened. He stood bare naked facing her before he reached for the towel on his bed and put it in front of his crotch, a crimson tinge hitting his face.

"Christ lieutenant don't you knock!" he screamed.

"Isn't he supposed to be at attention?" asked James with a smile. Jenn leaned a little bit to the right as if trying to see past the towel before she stood back again.

"He is. In a manner of speaking."

Scowling Taylor wrapped the towel around him and held it closed before speaking to Lillian. "So...can you tell me why you're standing there oggling me?!"

"At ease, it's fine," the Betazoid said quickly.

Lillian really wanted to be embarrassed right now because she knew that anyone would be, but she was brought up on a planet where such things happened. Sure, she hadn't been expecting it and she was flushed and oddly turned on when she shouldn't be because he was a naked man she had a thing for, but she wasn't about to apologize for not feeling ashamed...was she? Of course he wasn't used to such things and it was only polite of her to feign apologies, right? Except she wasn't sorry...she'd just seen a lot she had been wishing she'd get to since she'd met Taylor for his exam.

"I'm a Betazoid and a doctor, so if nakedness was a problem for me, we'd all be in big trouble," Lillian managed to say though she knew her eyes were straying downward when they shouldn't be and she forced herself to look him in the eye before reaching into the inner pocket of her duty jacket to grab Taylor the report. "I have a report for you from the Captain. It's basically just a bunch of things for you to look over as MCO since you have your squad and everything. Hi, everyone."

She was definitely trying to be friendly since she had wanted to meet them and Taylor had said she could, but she really also needed to keep her eyes up. It was just hard because he was wet and she knew what he looked like without the towel now and she could swear that she was sweating a little and not from nervousness, no...from something entirely different. Then again maybe it was also a little from the foreign feeling of embarrassment as she realized that she might have left the PADD in her office...great. Not only was she failing as the 2XO but she had a feeling that now Taylor was going to think that she just liked to stalk him or something and that was not the impression that she wanted to leave at all.

The squad each 'waved' at her in their own little way as Taylor stammered out some incoherent words. He just stood there in his towel wondering why she couldn't have just forwarded to his terminal. "Gee, thanks Doc." he said before nodding to James. "Get the...get the damn PADD." he ordered. James shook his head before a smile touched his lips. "She doesn't have one...."

His eyes narrowed towards the Betazoid as he shifted from foot to foot. "You didn't bring the PADD. So tell me...did you decide to deliver a meal? Or did you just want to have a word with me because I'll gladly talk to you when I'm not standing in what I entered the world in. Alright? Can you just...I dunno...turn around or something?"

"In my hurry I must have left it in my office," she said honestly but she knew it sounded lame--she had to hope they understood that Betazoids frowned on lying. "Its been a busy morning and I came here straight from the Mess Hall...I should have double checked I had it before coming all the way here."

The impression she was making was undoubtedly bad, but something had her rooted in place because just suddenly leaving also seemed lame. What could she do? She wasn't normally this scatterbrained, but when it came to Taylor Lucas she was all kinds of insane, which she didn't understand at all. Lillian needed to figure something out and quick because all these thoughts were running through her mind right now.

"Betazoids have naked weddings, Captain," she told him bluntly so he knew she'd seen her fair share of nakedness. "Sometimes we all just walk around in what we 'came into the world in' and I've just seen it all, but if it puts your mind at ease..." she said before covering her eyes with her hand. "By all means u--cover yourself." That was a slip unless they assume you said 'uh'...

Once Lillian's eyes were covered Taylor began to dry himself off with the towel, wiping his wet muscles down as he shook his head. "Next time try the door chime? Marines don't believe in modesty but...you're not a marine. You're the CMO. And the 2XO. Seeing senior officers naked isn't actually good for our command and control structure don't you think?"

After he dried himself off Taylor dressed in his duty uniform with his shiny new rank pip on his collar. He was proud of his promotion and had spent a great deal of time polishing the double bars. "Also we never got that drink. I mean I'm a lot more busy since I'm leading a company but maybe one day we could go for it. Dunno when."

If Lillian said she didn't peek, she would be lying. Of course she peeked. She was trying so hard not to feel so sexually charged right now, but the marine was making it really hard on her. Not to mention that she still wanted to have the conversation as far away from the topic of the report as possible because they would all talk when she left, she knew that. People talked. This talk would consist of how obviously she had forgotten the PADD on purpose and she honestly hadn't.

"Sometime soon, I hope," Lillian said with a smile on her face, letting her hand come down when he spoke again, sensing less tension in the air, so she assumed he was clothed now. "After all, I do owe you the drink. Besides, I'm the CMO...that means I've seen pretty much everyone on this station naked and being a Betazoid, it lets me still do my job. Shall we talk about the report, or shall I whisk you away for a non-alcoholic beverage?"

Though seeing you naked might put a kink in my job...

"I uh...could use a coffee..." said Taylor flatly as he left the barracks at speed. He wanted to get out of there before James subjected him to sniping comments. At least he was dressed. That was a bonus. Gently he tugged on Lillian's jacket as he tried to help her escape from the marine squad inside. Taylor hadn't noticed her peeking though since he was more or less rushing himself.

"Sorry for uh...being bare. Marines don't really think about modesty in front of other marines. It's a pretty pointless thing. I didn't really expect you to turn up to give me a report. Frankly I thought you would have been spending time with Ritter and just forwarded it to my terminal. Yeah. I have an office now."

"Coffee is perfect--I love coffee," Lillian said with a smile, though Taylor seemed to really want to get out so she gave a quick wave before letting him tug on her open duty jacket to lead her away. "You have nothing to be embarrassed about...you're an incredibly attractive man."

She didn't know if that sounded like she was seriously scoping him out or not, but at this point just the two of them heading for coffee it didn't really matter. Lillian caught what he said about Max though and found herself stopping them and looking Taylor in the eye with a blush tinting her cheeks because she wondered if Taylor was annoyed about that? What did he think was going on and what did that have to do with anything? She really shouldn't be entertaining thoughts with a man married to his job, but she was so drawn to him that she couldn't stop the words from falling out of her mouth.

"Max and I aren't together, you know," Lillian told Taylor shaking her head. "We're just colleagues, we're not...he and I aren't...if you haven't clocked in on my affections for you yet, you are blind." That said, she continued to go toward the Promenade. "I bet your squad will have something to say about it too, because I clearly was happy with what I just saw and I'm not even going to try and be modest about it even though I'm sure that would make everyone feel more comfortable around me."

"Woah woah...slow down..." said Taylor who walked in front of Lillian and acted like a massive road block. "You're attracted to me? I mean actually attracted? Not schoolyard crush not a 'mmm, tap that' feeling but an actual feeling of attraction?" Disbelief laced his voice as he placed both his hands on the back of his head and blinked. She liked him? Why? I mean sure he figured the comments were a Betazoid thing. Something that they did as part of their racial routine. "Why?"

When Taylor stepped in front of her, Lillian realized that she was going to have to face this right here and right now and she wasn't sure if she was ready for that. All she knew was that the words were spilling out of her mouth before she could stop them but that was normal for her and Taylor Lucas made her crazy--that much she knew. There was so much about him that made her really feel flushed or tongue tied or just plain flustered and she didn't find it fair and she never knew what to do and she just...

"Why is it a shock?" Lillian asked him point blank, looking him in the eye. "I was attracted to you from moment one that we met and I even tried to flirt with you but I got tongue tied and it didn't work and I didn't understand it because that doesn't happen to me! I can flirt with everyone except for you because I try and I get flushed and my stomach starts flip flopping in that way that makes you anxious for what's coming next and I tried to swear you off! You punched me in the nose! You said you were against doctors and I am one! I thought I was going to be fine, but when you're around I know you are and I have to look at you...throw you a smile. I think about you far more than I should and then Thalos happened and you protected me. It didn't matter who I was because I needed you and you were there to help me and I just wanted to get to know more about you and the way you stand up to authority? It's incredibly hot even though it's wrong...it's so wrong because you should show more respect to your commanding officers. To top it off? You brought me ice cream! Why do I like you, Taylor? Because you're kind and heroic and it's adorable that you're so modest when you're so...have you looked at your body? This isn't just some, 'oh, he's cute' and I don't want a quick fumble...I like you...I shouldn't because you're a marine and that makes you married to your job, but I can't help it, okay? I hate feeling like this because you're clearly not attracted to me, but that's how it is! This is why I'm trying so damn hard to at least be your friend so that I can keep you in my life somehow..."

For a moment Taylor just stood there dumbstruck at what to say. A small sigh left his lips as he gained some breath and sense from the bombardment. He decided to keep walking towards the Promenade. He had no idea why she was so smitten over him. Taylor's ego wasn't something that could be stroked nor stimulated. Not because he was incapable of being complimented but merely because he kept a level head when he thought about himself. He knew he was a good marine and a good man but that was all it was. All that Lillian was saying just bounced off of him like water falling from a rock. "Well...I brought you ice cream because I dunno. It seemed like the right thing to do. And I'm just a man. Just one...man. I'm a flawed person and I know it. And I'm obviously not good at this if you're having to spell it out...."

"It doesn't matter," Lillian found herself saying as she continued to the Promenade with him. "You're not attracted to me, so we're just friends and eventually I'm sure the feelings will go away so that you'll feel less uncomfortable around me because all I seem to do is make you uncomfortable with my presence." She took a deep breath to keep the disappointment at bay, but she'd seen this coming and she just needed to make sure to push the feelings down harder, muttering to herself and not sure if he could hear it or not. "This is why I don't have relationships because I like unattainable men and they're always uninterested in what I have to give."

Taking a deep breath, she took him to her favorite Betazoid diner and sat down at a booth. "You know, you can opt out if you want to. You don't have to sit with me, or have coffee with me or talk to me. I know I make you feel awkward and if it helps to be as far away from me as possible. I won't even be offended," okay, maybe a little bit, "I just...when I get nervous and flustered I spew words all over the place and I shouldn't have made you endure that."

"Yeah listen to you admit your love and admiration for me was really tough to endure." said Taylor sarcastically. "I'm not uninterested it's just that a relationship isn't exactly high on my list right now. I've got an entire marine company to sort out, Ritter is probably plotting my demise and now God alone knows what else I've got on my plate. It's nothing to do with you. You're gorgeous, quirky...I'm also sure you're clinically insane somehow but you're a wonderful woman. I don't want to opt out because at no point in time did I find you annoying. If I did have strained patience its because the things around me were causing it. Besides...I'm still here aren't I?"

"I didn't say 'love'," Lillian told him blushing more--that word seemed to drive men away and fast. "Admiration, however, yes...I've grown very fond of you."

She was rather caught off guard when he called her 'gorgeous' and 'wonderful', smiling a little bit and laughing when he said 'clinically insane' because she pretty much felt clinically insane when she was around him. He affected her in unexpected ways and he was giving her hope right now she hadn't thought she was going to get earlier when he walked off because he was telling her that he was still here and he didn't find her annoying but he was focused on work. That she knew about him already and she understood and yet it made her wonder what she was doing because he was married to his job and it would always be his priority and being second wasn't high up on her list.

"Yeah, you're still here," Lillian said with a smile on her face. "I appreciate that and I'll take what I can get because I do really like you and I your company is nice. Also your marines...it would be nice to meet them under better circumstances--think we can make that happen?"

"I suppose so...James is the one to talk to." stated Taylor as he sat back against the booth's back. "He's known me the longest. Since the Dominion War actually. We've been through a lot. Saved each others lives more than we can actually count. The rest of them are pretty solid but I don't know them that well. Spent the Thesa Prime jaunt with the other two but the kid? He's new. Must be something special of James vouched him for recon. But yeah if you want to speak to them go ahead. Not gonna stop you."

"I'll talk to James then," Lillian said as she ordered the coffee from the waitress when she showed.

She leaned back a little herself and took a good look at him, smiling a bit because it really was a little distracting looking at him. It was hard to focus on anything but him and yet she found herself totally okay with that because she really enjoyed watching him and all around just being in his presence. Just like that, looking over his body and into his beautiful blue eyes, she found herself speaking before thinking.

"It is a little bit distracting how attractive you are," Lillian told Taylor with a gentle chuckle.

At her comment Taylor seemed to squirm and look away. Not because he was uncomfortable about the remark but merely because he didn't know the best way to respond. It was a rather surprising thing for someone to tell him. "Really?" he replied with a sense of disbelief rolling off of him. "I suggest you take a good look. Most times my face is covered in camo paint, sweat, grime or dirt. Marines get pretty dirty when out on the field and I often have no qualms rolling around the ground. I figured you'd prefer the looks of our baby faced XO..."

"I prefer my men nice and sweaty, honestly. Grime and toil from hard work and still able to go for something more...pleasurable," she didn't even care how lewd her words were, nor did she care that she was directly them at him for more than one purpose. "In fact rolling around the ground has its perks...besides, if I take anymore good looks at you, people are going to start talking, if they aren't already. I think half the people on the station know by now that I change the minute you walk into a room because I can't keep my feelings to myself even if I try--it's the curse of my species. You can call it my sexuality or the downfall of being a Betazoid all you want, but no one has ever made me as crazy or aware as you have and sometimes it's downright annoying how much you can draw my focus and make me fumble over myself in words and mannerisms that I otherwise have a handle on."

Lillian always made it a point to be brutally honest even though she was aware when she was hurting peoples' feelings and she didn't like to do that unless it needed to be done. This here though, was more that she wanted to see Taylor's reactions to her words to further convince herself that only friendship could happen regardless of what she did because deep down a voice told her that she wasn't good enough for this marine--at least wasn't much use for him other than sex and arms that would always be open for him if he needed them. She could give him all the love in the world if she felt it for him and she knew she was capable of falling for him without a doubt, but she also had a feeling that he couldn't fall for her...especially if her fears came true and she was more like Marshall than she thought.

She chewed on her bottom lip a moment. "You are, however, a wanted distraction 99% of the time."

Rather than pull a face at her comments Taylor just laughed it off. She had a dirty mind that was for sure and she didn't seem intent on hiding that fact. "My, my...Doctor Crae...do you often take it upon yourself to sway innocent marines with such crude words?" It had dawned on Taylor that he hadn't touched his cooling coffee. In all honesty he had invited her for coffee to escape making a scene in the barracks but he was enjoying clearing the air out between him and Lillian. Not to mention getting another, stranger side to her. He gave her a wink as he settled into his chair some more, shaking his head all the while.

"If I didn't know better I'd say you were a marine in disguise. Distractions are never good but...if I'm a wanted distraction then maybe we need to make an appointment for more adult drinks than coffee after our shifts." mulled the marine out loud. "Somewhere with pounding music to grind up to. I can show you my bad dancing. I swear I'm banned from a few clubs on Risa for bad dancing."

"Perhaps I'm simply a woman who knows what I want," Lillian responded with a smile. "Besides, something tells me you're not as innocent as that suggests..."

She was suddenly drawn back in to what happened in the Barracks and it made her whole body flush with want again at the mental image of the marine across from her, naked and wet. Of course a bunch of rather dirty thoughts ran through her mind as she eyed him and remembered the kinds of things she was imagining at the time, trying to focus on his words as best as possible and making sure not to lick her lips despite the fantasy being worth of just that. Instead, she let herself smile and if her eyes betrayed her thoughts than so be it--regardless of feeling as though he would find better, she had meant what she said about his presence and her flirting didn't seem to be failing so much now that he knew she was infatuated with him. Did that give him a power over her now she would have preferred he didn't have?

"I do love to dance," Lillian admitted with a gentle nod and a sip of her coffee. "I would like that a lot, actually. I'd like to see if you're as bad a dancer as you say you are, and besides...if you are, I can teach you." 'Grind up to'? Taylor, you're making it almost impossible for me, here. "Might give you some much needed relaxation time on top of it all--everyone needs to let loose every once in a while."

"Oh I've been many things in my life Doctor Crae and innocent has never been one of them." said Taylor as he stood up with a smile. "Anyway I've got to get going. Not only have I got a few marines to see to I've also got a new regimental commander to report to as well. If you want you can drop a message on my terminal at any time for a drink, dinner date or a dance. Just...keep it tasteful."

Lillian was startled by his offer to be near her, but she grinned. "I'll remember that and you'll hear from me. If nothing else, we'll have that drink, but part of me wants to see you dance as well, so...we'll be in touch. Also, I need to remember to talk to James...I like that there are more marines around here. Do us proud and have a good day, Captain Handsome. Look at that, even your nickname upgraded."

There was nothing quite like his smiling face to give the rest of her day goodness.

JP by These Lovelies
Back to top Go down
Tay'Li Carter
Lieutenant Commander (Y)
Lieutenant Commander (Y)
Tay'Li Carter

PostSubject: Re: Mission Two: Epidemic   Mission Two: Epidemic EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 2:29 am

||Starbase 12
||Sickbay > Holodeck II
||August 27, 2387

A trigger.

That was all that it took in Sickbay that day for Lillian to start to have a panic attack on her own in Sickbay, but it wasn't just the weird note that seemed to imply that they knew...it was the implication of who it was. All that Lillian knew right then was that she was not going to become Marshall and she was not going to become weak. She was stronger than this and while she didn't feel it right then, she knew that she could weather any storm and she needed to find an outlet. An outlet...Tay'Li would know!

Tapping her comm badge, Lillian swallowed. "Tay'Li, this is Lillian--I need to take out some aggression...Klingon style."

Tay'Li had been waiting for someone to utter those words. No one took out aggression like a Klingon, and here someone was finally wanting to do just that, she grinned, and turned around to face her team. The four of them were not happy, and lay on the floor of the holodeck in pain, but she'd finally come through on her promise and it was a lesson they wouldn't soon forget--hopefully it was enough to sink in that the moment peons stopped remembering the basics they were punished. She pressed her comm badge.

"I'm already in Holodeck Two, why don't you meet me here? I know just the thing." She said, and pressed it once more. "Okay ladies, fun time's over, get back to work--and remember I'm always up for another lesson if you slack off again."

A collective groan came up from the floor as they struggled to stand. They'd only gotten two pain sticks each before collapsing onto the floor in pain--normally not a form of punishment but of honor--but Tay'Li used it to get her point across. She took so much more than that every year on the anniversary of her right of passage, but humans were weak things. Nothing like a Klingon--especially a Klingon female...though her father had preferred a human female...maybe they weren't as fragile or her father may have just liked that kind of thing...

"When did we start having fun?" Sykes panted as he leaned his abused frame against the door.

"Buck up, ladies. This is an incentive to not mess up--remember this feeling. I won't hesitate to do it again."

The four grown men closed their eyes in horror...why had they missed her again?

Lillian wasn't quite sure what she was getting herself into, but with K'Nok things had always been very straight forward and they put her in a much better mood once everything rolled along. Since Tay'Li was half Klingon, she figured that it would be the next best thing because the woman was certainly in tune with her Klingon side and preferred to think or herself as a Klingon it seemed...something that Lillian kind of envied sometimes. Klingons were strong and honorable and in this moment Lillian didn't feel very strong, so she'd sought out the person that she thought could best help her as Marlo wasn't this violent. Perhaps Taylor could help her with a spar, but she didn't want to appear anymore weak to him than she had before.

Not again.

So as she took a deep breath, she headed toward Holodeck II and pulled her hair up as she went so that it would be out of her way doing whatever it was that Tay'Li wanted her to do. Lillian might have looked like the pretty, bubbly and perhaps weak Betazoid on the outside, but she was strong and she had been through the Dominion War and this wasn't plaguing her that she had killed a man--she had killed plenty a man during the war--this was plaguing her that she'd gone against her oath. She had joined Starfleet and vowed to be the best of the best and now she was just like him. No...never like him.

Just comparing herself to Marshall Frost made her insides cringe like she was going to be sick and she wanted to scream and yell, but that was what this was for. She was going to let Tay'Li teach her how to do more than just box because while that helped and sparring could help too, the only thing she could think of was sparring with Taylor and she knew she couldn't do that because of all of the thoughts that would cross her mind...thoughts that made her confused and unfocused. No, the Klingon was going to have to help her to get through this because she was worried about what was going on with her and she didn't want to talk to a counselor about this. Talking to a counselor was more than likely to get her suspended from duty for a little while and she could still work--she just had moments of anger and doubt she couldn't fully get over.

"Looks like K'Nok's free time in here," Lillian commented as she entered the Holodeck.

Tay'Li cocked her head to one side. "Who is K'nok? That sounds like a Klingon name."

They weren't here to discuss boys though. Lillian had sounded like she need to take out some aggression and Tay'Li planned to help her do just that--it seemed even doctors needed to bash some heads...she didn't understand that stupid oath anyways. She rolled her head around on her neck, and started the program--easy first with only a few enemies popping out to attack them. She even programmed some friendly faces in case the CMO had some pent up anger she needed to relieve. Tay'Li knew she did--but she always wanted to punch someone, that wasn't anything new.

"So what's the real reason you decided to do this with me? I don't want any lies or I might confuse you with an enemy from the program. This is just the first wave--In between, you fight me."

She sure wasn't going to go easy on Lillian just because she wasn't Klingon--and she expected no less from her opponent. Hence the reason for no breaks; it was to push the endurance and heart rate up, and test the level of stress the Betazoid could take. Shaelyn had been very resilient when they did this--not as resilient as Tay'Li...eventually she couldn't take it anymore, but Tay'Li expected no less from another member of her friend's species. And if she needed to coax the anger out in a way that wasn't the nicest, she would.

"A lot of things happened on Thalos that I'm not proud of," she admitted as she used a phaser against the first wave of enemies. "That and I always seem attracted to what I can't have."

Lillian actually hadn't come here to tell Tay'Li about Taylor, but part of her problems certainly stemmed from liking Taylor when she knew that nothing would come of it...or she thought it wouldn't. The Betazoid had a lot of faith in her and she knew that all of these feelings couldn't be for nothing even though she knew also that if things continued like this then there was certainly nothing to come of this. She was worried about what would happen when he did find a woman that he would give affections to and she'd get bitter and that made her hurt and angry and it bothered her. She was a Starfleet doctor and she hadn't even known Taylor Lucas very long and she was angry about this? Sometimes she wondered if this was because she was a Betazoid with all of those crushing emotions...

It was strange that all of these emotions helped her to fight too.

Tay'Li blocked a punch and held out her hands. "I know I'm super attractive and I'm not ashamed to show off my assets--which is why I have no problems believing that people are attracted to me, but I need to poke a hole in this before it goes any further. I don't roll that way."

She was teasing---mostly. Tay'Li definitely believed all those things about herself--and the amount of Klingon boys who had fawned over her were numerous, but other species were mostly fearful of Klingons...especially Klingon females. They did throw things, and were rather hearty--so she understood where they were all coming from. The enemies had stopped coming and so she turned to Lillian and entered an offensive stance; feet planted shoulder-width apart, right foot slightly forward and her hands up. There was nothing like hand to hand combat--though if she could've convinced the Betazoid that a Bat'leth fight was in her best interests, she would've tried.

"In all seriousness though, what happened down there?"

"My feelings for our new MCO started to manifest into feelings I never wanted them to manifest into," Lillian admitted shaking her head and moving to spar with the half Klingon, anger, pain and adrenaline coursing through her. "I want him and I know I can't because he's not...he doesn't want what I have to offer and he probably never will. On top of that, who wants a woman who can kill like I can? I'm damaged goods. I'm not good enough for him. He's better off continuing not to look in my direction...and that kills me."

Normally Lillian wasn't like this about men--she could love and leave like a true Betazoid. "What bothers me most is I feel like I'm losing myself. I have killed before, but never after taking my Starfleet oath...not until now. Then Taylor shows up and what happens to me? It's like my resolve about men has been altered and suddenly I entertain thoughts in my dreams that I never would. My family finds it strange that I can't sleep around with no feelings, but before I've been able to justify leaving in the end and here? The idea of loving and leaving pains me and yet I feel that's all I can give a man who only sees his job as his future when I want so much more than that."

The pain in that admittance brought tears to her eyes and Lillian honestly thought that something was seriously wrong with her.

"You should drop the d'akturak like last week's blood worms in that case." Tay'Li shrugged nonchalantly. "I kill people all the time. In fact, I killed that Jason Cobalt guy who was sabotaging the station three weeks ago. I find it's better to kill the dangerous people who do bad things than leave them alive where they could just do it all over again, then to let them live another day--just in case they might have a slim chance of changing their tune."

She understood that doctors took the oath to do no harm, but it seemed stupid to her.

"While I understand that, it's not my place to kill people anymore," Lillian told her with a nod, getting ready for the next wave. "That's a decision best left to men and women in yellow and green. I'm supposed to be a healer, not a killer and yet...once you kill I don't think you stop. What happens if I don't stop? What happens now that I've broken my oath? What if I'm faced with it again and I make the same decision? These aren't choices I should have any business in making..."

Lillian felt a little bit like she was complaining for no good reason and instead focused on the wave of the next hostiles, taking her aggression out in a more basic way. Perhaps there was a downfall to this plan because it would just make her want to take out aggression, but then again maybe this was best because holograms were things that she could take her anger and hatred out on. Taylor had told her that she wasn't just a bargaining chip and she agreed with him...something in her just made her feel as though it was better her than anyone else and she knew exactly why she felt that way--the Academy. That incident would plague her for the rest of her days and she knew it and she couldn't tell anyone about it, not even Marlo, for fear of putting her in danger too and Marlo was one of the most important people in her life.

"As for Taylor, he might want to do something with me, but I think I'm probably only good for sex," Lillian admitted, dodging a punch in her direction. "I mean not because he said it, but because what else do you offer a man married to his job?"

Tay'li snapped the neck of a Romulan, and headbutted a Ferengi, before swinging a roundhouse kick at a Cardassian. She'd programed every species she could think of into this program when she'd created it two years ago, and loved every second of mayhem. At least Lillian felt bad about what she did--Tay'Li couldn't be asked to give two kellicams when she killed someone--the Klingon part of her knew they had no honor--and therefore deserved their path to end in Gre'thor. She shrugged and began to grapple with a Gorn twice as big as herself.

"Give him a new job. Don't you people look at spouse as an occupation? Or else you are a mok'tah--a bad match as it were--and should move on." Tay'Li grunted, hooking the Gorn's arms with her own, and twisting. "jIlajneS. ghIj qet jaghmeyjaj--that means, 'I accept your honor. May your enemies run with fear.' Gre'thor will be paved with their ashes. When you must take a life, do so knowing your enemy has no honor, and that it is your only option."

Hopefully this was helping Lillian somewhat, honestly Tay'Li believed the oath to be more like guidelines---which was probably why one didn't see many Klingon doctors. To die, was an honor, unless one had been without honor in life.

"I can't just reassign my MCO," Lillian said, and admitted she blushed when she called him 'hers'. "He's good at what he does and if I ever tried to force my way into the priority, it would make me a terrible person. I don't know," she said as she used her abilities on a Cardassian and ducking an attack from a Ferengi as her abilities didn't work on them. "I think I'm stressing over things I shouldn't stress about."

She decided them to simply focus on her attack, fighting off the wave and feeling a little bit of fatigue, but she was here to make sure that she still had fight in her...and she did. Lillian Crae didn't take anything lying down--well...--and right now it was time that she reminded herself that she was a fighter and a good person, a good woman, and she was going to get through this. Besides, Taylor had to see something in her to offer a dinner date and/or a date and so maybe she was being way too hard on herself when she was actually a much better person already. She had gotten through all of this without killing anyone until now and it was because the people she cared about were being threatened.

"Things can only get better, right?" Lillian asked the half Klingon.

Tay'Li shrugged. "It's a possibility...look at it this way, at least you're not dead."

Lillian nodded at that and gave a smile. "Yeah...at least I can atone."

Back to top Go down
Saboteur

Saboteur

PostSubject: Re: Mission Two: Epidemic   Mission Two: Epidemic EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 2:35 am

||Starbase 12
||Corridor (Environmental Controls)
||August 27, 2387

He was good at covering up his tracks. Still, he knew that when everyone was coherent again, they would at least start putting two and two together. At least he had no fingerprints and he certainly wasn't part of the crew, but he would stay here until it was complete and then return with his findings. Part of him felt downright giddy about all that was about to escalate and he wanted more than anything to see how she would react to it. The most important part was writing it all down and as he released the airborne virus into the environmental controls and effectively started to 'infect' the whole station, it made him grin. No one was poisoned, just mentally triggered and it wouldn't even start setting in until 1400, but that was the beauty of it...they wouldn't know anything truly strange was happening until it was in affect and then over...
Back to top Go down
Max Ritter
Lieutenant Commander (Gr)
Lieutenant Commander (Gr)
Max Ritter

PostSubject: Re: Mission Two: Epidemic   Mission Two: Epidemic EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 8:20 am

Cecily/Max JP - 1220
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Sharpe
Lieutenant JG (Y)
Lieutenant JG (Y)
Gabriel Sharpe

PostSubject: Re: Mission Two: Epidemic   Mission Two: Epidemic EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 5:06 pm

||Starbase 12
||Mess Hall-> HoloSuite
||August 27, 2387

"God I hate this stuff," Gabe said, placing his coffee cup on the table in front of him. He leaned back against the bulkhead behind him and closed his eyes. Right now all he wanted to do was rest but something wouldn't let him, a voice in the back of his head that was telling him to go over Cobalt's hidden program again. He couldn't shake the idea that there was more to the situation then first thought. Whoever had made the program in the first place had a deep knowledge of starfleet systems and he doubted such work was cheap.

After a long shower he'd changed into a pair of dark trousers and tee shirt, feeling odd to be out of uniform when he was meant to be on duty. In his mind's eye he went over what he knew about the program though that was little more then the lines of code.

"I really need to get out more," he said to himself, taking another drink.

Shelley wasn't on duty today due to orders from the new Chief Counselor and she was alright with that...or becoming all right with that. She would much rather be working, but instead she was stuck trying to figure out what it was that she was going to do all day and after some reading, she'd decided to join the world. In fact, she'd be lying if she said that she wasn't kind of looking forward to seeing Gabe, even though she had no idea if he'd even be in the Mess Hall to eat anything. When she saw him, though, she couldn't deny the smile that crossed her face and she grabbed a couple of sandwiches from the chef and walked over to him.

"You know, you should really get some actual food in your stomach," she told him, motioning to a chair. "Is this seat taken?"

Opening his right eye he replied. "No it's not taken so feel free to 'take up a pew'." He rolled his right shoulder and winced at the aches that were still giving him trouble.

"My fry up's still being made, should be here in a few minutes," he added, opening his left eye and moving to a more normal position. "Sorry it's been a long morning, not at my best right now."

One of the mess hall's staff shouted his name and he excused himself for a moment and returned with his meal of bacon, eggs, sausages, grilled tomatoes, fried mushrooms and fried bread.

"Ah the breakfast of champions," he said with a chuckle.

"Looks like I'll be eating both of the sandwiches but...isn't it time for lunch?" Shelley asked him slowly.

It was obvious that the young woman was worried about him, wishing that she knew what it was that she should be doing to help him if he needed it. She wasn't trying to be his counselor, just someone that he could come to, and she didn't mind if he knew that she cared more than maybe she should at this point. Gabe was kind and he was a good person from what she had seen and heard and she just wanted to take his pain away and make things better for him--did that mean something? It almost had to considering how much time she liked to spend alone.

But she liked to spend time with Gabe.

She had started to really enjoy being around him and sharing meal times with him and she wondered if she should be forward...no, that was a Lillian thing. Shelley didn't know the first thing about asking a man to dinner and Gabe probably didn't even feel the same way so she was going to have to just let it go and find a way to be alright with simply being his friend and being there when he needed someone to talk to. The only problem with that was that he made her flush when he smiled at her and it was obvious how she hung on every word.

"You need to start eating more," Shelley said with worry in her voice.

"I know, my own fault really, didn't sleep so well last night. Ended up going to the gym about 6 this morning then proceeded to spend 4 hours working myself into a blackout...in hindsight not my best plan ever." He replied taking a rasher of bacon from his plate, "Feel free to grab something. The fried bread is amazing."

He looked up at Shelley, catching her in direct eye contact. He stared into those deep brown eyes for a few seconds before catching himself.

Man I think I need another shower...a cold one this time. He thought to himself as he tore his gaze away.

"Been running myself too hard lately, not sure why other then I seem to have lost a few IQ points since the incident. Something just keeps gnawing away in the back of my head all the time, just not sure what it is."

"You're not getting sick, are you?" she asked as she touched his forehead absentmindedly to check for a fever.

She hadn't been expecting to reach out and touch him--she actually avoided most contact unless she had to or it was a friendly hug from one friend to another--but she was worried. He seemed to be running himself ragged lately and the last thing that she wanted was for him to get sent to Sickbay. Gabe was taking all of this really hard and he needed a break from it even though it was this right here that made her realize that he was in fact a decent human being.

"What you need is a breather..." she said as she blushed, pulling her hand away.

He felt the tingle of her hand on his and smiled to himself; he'd come to enjoy Shelley's company a lot over the last few weeks and in truth he felt almost normal with her around. His time with her had become the most enjoyable thing about his day. He nodded as he tore a piece of bread in half with his hands, eating it before he replied.

"Ya can say that again, techincally I'm on duty but the chief decided to give me the day off, so I'm free for something, if ya have the time and fancy joining me."

Shelley flushed crimson.

Of all the things she could think of, spending time outside of a meal with Gabe was the last she thought would ever actually happen and she smiled. The look on her face was happy just as much as it was surprised and it made her smile even brighter because she wanted more than anything to spend time with him. Was she that transparent? Was he feeling sorry for her? Whatever the reason, Shelley found herself answering before her brain had a real chance to catch up with her.

"I would love to spend more time with you," she blurted out. "What did you have in mind?"

Gabe chuckled, "Okay I hadn't thought that far ahead." He said, eating some of his meal.

He made note of her reaction and decided that for the first time in nearly a month he'd made the right choice. Her smile and the twinkle in her eye made his heart jump more then a little. He found it odd that he'd met someone that made him like her in what had become his darkest hour but decided not to overthink it, just to go with it and see what happened.

"Nothing too strenuous, I still ache like hell after my badly thought out workout this morning. Like I said not my best idea. Given that, if ya have any ideas, I'm open to them."

"We could run a soothing Holodeck program..." Shelley offered up slowly.

Honestly, she was trying to figure out something to do that would get Gabe to open up and yet helped him to relax because over doing it might send him to Sickbay. Besides, they both had some time to go ahead and just spend getting their lives back in order and what better way than something peaceful? There was always a pier or something like that...but she could leave this in Gabe's hands because she didn't want to make it seem like she was forcing him into anything.

Maybe a nice beah somewhere?... the pair of us in swimwear... too forward. A sports game? I don't do much sport and I dunno what if anything Shelley likes. Okay Gabe, think, surely ya can come up with something. He thought to himself. Without thinking about it he pulled the small hammer of thor around his neck from under his shirt and started playing with it, doing his best to come up with something. Time with a woman wasn't his strong suite, working double shifts maybe but not this. It wasn't often he felt this much out of his depth.

"Okay how about a river cruise?" He asked, pleased he'd managed to come up with something that meant he could relax and still enjoy Shelley's company.

"A river cruise," she said, letting the words set in. "I suppose so--I assumed a beach would be more relaxing, honestly, but it's up to you."

That was odd...Shelley normally went with the flow.

She was one of the more shy people that she knew and this was new. Perhaps Gabe just brought it out of her? Most would think that a counselor would be forward, but not Shelley--she just helped when people brought her problems to fix. Now she was being forward and trying to change things but with Gabe that happened. Nothing truly strange there, actually. She was over thinking--that was the Shelley she knew.

"I just want to spend time with you, Gabe--the 'how' isn't important," she told him gently.

"Well beach was my first idea but I wasn't sure how well it'd go down," he said, "given that I'm sure there's a Risan beach program in the system somewhere."

He ate the last few bits of food on his plate and leaned back in his chair. He wondered if he could manage to get through this unplanned get together without making a total fool of himself, that'd just finish his day nicely.

Okay Sharpe, lets see if we can relax long enough to lie around and do nothing.

"Then we should go," Shelley said, wondering why she wasn't showing any patience at all. "We can change into more appropriate attire and meet up in a little bit, yes?"

She wanted to seize the moment before it got away from her and yet she didn't quite know what she was doing here. Regardless, she was feeling willing to do almost anything and Gabe needed to relax for his own sanity and peace of mind so it was her job to help. Not even that really...she wanted to help him and be the person that was there for him.

"Or we could get supplies along the way and change there...or replicate and change there..."

He gave it some thought for a few seconds. He wanted to get to the holosuite as quickly as possible, that way he wouldn't manage to find a way to get sidetracked or renege on the get together out of fear. Despite how much he wanted to spend time with Shelley, his track record with women was awful.

He picked up his plate and smiled at her, "No time like the present." He said, taking his plate back to the counter and offering Shelley his arm, elbow out.

Shelley grinned at that and took him with her to the Holodeck, trying her best not to talk because part of her was fighting to do just that, but she was so much better not talking. She was a rather shy personal normally, but something about Gabe seemed to make her want to make the most of everything and what was that? Why did she suddenly want to make an impression on him? They had met after something devastating had happened and she had really only talked to him and the new Chief Counselor about finding Julianne dead, but she felt like there was something else here...right?

As she set up the Holodeck program for them, she turned to him. "This isn't pity, right? You like me as much as I like you?" Well...that was more forward than she would ever be...

Gabe gave her his best poker face, a little shocked she'd asked that question. It occurred to him that maybe she was as bad as he was when it came to times like this. This wasn't his field of expertise either but he knew he'd have to help her through this as much as he had to kick his own arse into gear.

He placed his hand on her hip and held her close, "No pity here Shelley, granted I'm 'prolly making an arse outta what should be simple but frankly you're the only woman that I've connected with. Beauty and brains, what's not to like?" he added with a smile.

Those words brought a red tint to her cheeks and she smiled uneasily because she wasn't used to this. It wasn't as though she had really been close to men before other than helping them with their issues through counseling and so she had no idea what she was doing here or how to be that girl that men liked--that Gabe would like. She'd never been with a man before really...not the way that most would expect her to have been. These kinds of situations normally brought on her panic attacks and it surprised her that instead of started to hyperventilate, she leaned up to kiss him gently--that was what you did when you got a compliment like that from the guy you were interested in, right?

"I don't do this...ever," Shelley explained as she pulled back to look him in the eye. "You're going to have to be patient with me and sometimes let me catch up."

Before really giving him a chance to respond to any of that, she took his hand and pulled him into the Holodeck, smiling at the beach and setting to replicating herself a swimsuit to wear. They would want to enjoy this hotter atmosphere in less clothes, but not less to the point that she was going to embarrass herself, she hoped. This was starting to make her shake nervously a little, but she was toughing her way through it because she wanted to spend time with him and not seem wholly inexperienced either.

Gabe likewise replicated himself some swimwear, a pair of shorts that left little to the imagination. He tryed not to think about it too hard as he turned to Shelley, taking her hand. "I'm not exactly a romeo myself ya know, I'm mostly going on instinct here so here's hoping I don't do or say anything stupid enough to ruin everything. That's pretty much what's been going through my head since we first met."

He gave her hand a slight squeeze as he looked out onto the beach before them. The sun shining and reflecting off the calm deep blue water as it lapped gently against the sand, "Is it just me or is the sand calling to you too?"

Shelley smiled and had Gabe turn around so she could change right there into the tankini, before she smiled and then wiggled her eyebrows at him. "Race you!"

without another word she was off to where the water met the sand, letting her feet sink in just to let the waves lap against her feet. She had been dying to have some sort of relaxing outing like this and it made her feel so much better to know that Gabe was right here with her. This was good for both of them, she honestly believed that, and she looked up toward the sun before she found herself speaking again, words just spilling out.

"Julianne and I always loved the beach..." she said gently, a sad smile on her face as she thought of her dead friend.

He nodded slowly, he knew that a lot of people had lost their lives in the events of that day weeks ago. In his own pain he tended to forget that other memebers of the crew had lost people as well. She'd never talked about her loss, not that he really blamed her. She spent her days dealing with other people's problems it must have been hard for her.

"Julianne was the station Chief counselor at the time of the incident wasn't she? After that I went through the station's crew roster, took a while but I got there in the end. I'm sorry for your loss."

"She was my best friend," Shelley said gently with a shrug. "In fact I've lost both of my best friends in a short period of time and I don't know sometimes...I'm either able to keep going, or I have a morning where the panic attacks are really bad."

Shelley didn't really want Gabe to know about her panic attacks, but it was best to get these things out now rather than later. She was bound to have one at some point and yet there was a voice in her head telling her that she was just showing him that she was weak. Still, she found words to say and she didn't mind how they came out at all...at first.

"You, Lilly and Marlo are really the only good friends I have left," she mused slowly. "If I get too close to you, do I lose you too? Maybe I'm a bad luck charm..."

"The Chief and the Doctor are still around, and I have no plans to disappear anytime soon, I still have things I have to do," he said, conviction in his voice as he gently squeezed her hand. "I know what ya must be going through, as ya know. Ya've been there of me through all this, but I want ya to know that I'm here for you as well. I may not have ya training but I think I can muddle through."

He looked deeply into her eyes and almost felt the pain she must be going through. Her pain wasn't the same as his but it was no less powerful. He gently brushed her cheek with his hand. "I've barely had a real night's sleep in weeks. Sometimes I wake up in a cold sweat unable to get back to sleep. I dream of what I saw in perfect detail, each time the same. I guess we all have our crosses to bear...I just wish I knew how."

He wondered what she'd think of his admission; if she thought less of him then so be it, but she'd been honest with him he felt it only right he be honest with her.

"It's hard," she admitted as she turned to face him, cupping his face. "We aren't just going to forget it, but you...you can't blame yourself. I wish that I could help you through this better--take the pain away--but it takes time to move on. Someday you will...someday you'll think about them less and you'll sleep better at night."

She was glad they were being honest with each other, letting her thumbs stroke his cheeks as she looked him in the eye. Every once in a while her eyes would wander to his mouth and she would blush, but it had to be obvious she wanted to kiss him--it just wasn't the right moment and she wanted him to make the next move. That struggle to be more forward had been winning thus far, but at the same time she was afraid of pushing herself on him.

"You and I can get past this and move on if we try hard enough," she said nodding.

For a few second he said nothing, taking the time to digest what she'd said. Of course she was right, for something like this it was her job and she did it well by all accounts. Since the pair of them had entered the holosuite he'd felt better, like he could be himself without worrying every second.

"Ya right, not that I expected any different. If ya have problem with equipment ya call me, a problem of the mind they call ya." He said with a chuckle, "I just hope I'm not outta mine." he added as he gently brushed her hair behind her ear with one hand, the other on her hip and moved in to kiss her.

Shelley smiled as he leaned in. "You're not..."

It was all that she managed before meeting him the rest of the way, lips to lips. His mouth was warm, making her surrender a gentle sigh against him that signaled just how content she was as they stood there, water crashing against their feet. She could honestly stay here forever if it was possible, letting her fingers tangle up into his hair, body fitting right into his, heart pounding in her chest. This, she could definitely grow accustomed to and it only reassured her that he felt the same way that she did.

Hopefully he wouldn't run when he found out how inexperienced she was.

He lost himself in the moment, the bench, the station outside even his own hangups were gone as everything focused onto this moment in time. The warmth of her body against his, her hands running through his hair. He'd taken the risk and was glad it had worked. He moved his hand from Shelley's hip and up her spine as he pulled out of the kiss. He continued to hold her close, unwilling to let her go just yet. His heart hammered in his chest he lent his forehead against hers.

"Anyone every tell ya how beautiful ya are?"

Heat scorched her cheeks. "Other than a 'you're gorgeous, knock it off' in jest or the one drunken pass...no. Honestly, Gabe, you're the first man to be this interested and I don't know why. You're an incredibly attractive man and the fact that you don't already have a girlfriend is surprising to me--I'm not in your league...I'm not even close."

"My league isn't as big as ya'd think," Gabe replied, Almost as soon as he had he raised an eyebrow, "Sorry I just realized how insulting that sounded."

He took time to think about his reply a little better, unsure how to continue. "I've never really taken the time to look for partnership, thinking I'd find it when it's the right time. I'm a simple guy; that and I spent so long working all the hours I could so it's never really come up." He shook his head slowly, "and on the worse day of my life, there ya were, like my own personal angel. I could be myself around ya without worrying about appearances. Ya understood me and didn't judge, ya wanted to know me for me, not for what I could do. In a lot of ways we're very similar and that's what attracted me to ya." He gently ran his fingers down her cheek, "For me a woman has to simulate my mind as well as my libido. Brains and Beauty, as I said before."

"I'm still getting used to all the flattery," she admitted as her cheeks blazed red, and it was true--if this continued where she wanted it to, Gabe would be her first boyfriend. "We'll figure it out...I think we've both been alone long enough."

It was a true enough statement, making Shelley smile and kiss Gabe again because she felt happy and peaceful and as she kissed him, she pulled him a little further toward the water. She enjoyed a good swim and she had hoped to spend a grand old time with Gabe and what better way than to do what beaches were intended for? There was water for a reason and in the middle of the kisses she placed to his lips, she let a playful moment open up and splashed him, letting out a warm laugh.

"While part of me would like to just lay around kissing you for the rest of the day, I think a dip in the water is in order," she said with a grin on her face, splashing his torso.

"Oh is that the way we're gonna play it huh?" He asked, splashing her back.

He dove under the water and swam around her. He placed his hands on her hips from under the water and span her around, coming up in front of her and splashing her again before diving back under the water.

Shelley giggled when Gabe splashed her and then went under the water, smirking and holding his head under a moment. She wanted to play with him and it seemed like he was willing to be playful as well even though things hadn't always been at this place with him. Shelley wasn't going to hurt him, she was going to let go, but she wanted him to know that all bets were off.

He felt Shelley's hands on his head and he saw red, he had no idea why, he knew she wouldn't hurt him and the Holosuite safeties would make sure he wasn't in danger but he overreacted.

"What the hell was that about ya trying to kill me?" He growled as his head broke the surface. Even as he said it he couldn't understand why he was so mad. He left the water and stalked up the beach before stopping dead in his tracks, his earlier anger drained away.

"I'm sor...sorry I don't know what came over me."

Shelley had a feeling that perhaps the dunk wasn't wholly a good idea, but when Gabe snapped at her she wasn't sure quite what she felt other than embarrassment shoot through her. Sadness? Guilt? He stalked up out of the water and she knew that the moment was over, trying to figure out what to say to make it better, but a panic attack snuck up on her as he made his way away from here, all giggling and smiling stopped. Even the apology seemed to just hang there and Shelley just bit her trembling lip and then swallowed and shook her head.

"I shouldn't...I just shouldn't have..." Shelley managed even though she was trying hard not to hyperventilate and went up the beach too. "Don't...you don't have to...I just won't..."

Without so much as another word, Shelley managed to make her way past him toward the holosuite doors, prepared fully to take flight back to her quarters and stay there for as long as she could.

Watching her leave, Gabe found himself unable to say anything. He couldn't believe his reaction and now that rather heavy handed reaction had ruined the whole trip. He wandered back to the changing room and changed back into his civvies.

"Computer... End program." He said in a whisper, the beach disppearing to be replaced with the room's standard black and yellow appeaence. "Well.. that went well... Screw this day off bollocks, i need to fix something."

Last edited by Gabriel Sharpe on Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lillian Crae
Lieutenant (T)
Lieutenant (T)
Lillian Crae

PostSubject: Re: Mission Two: Epidemic   Mission Two: Epidemic EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 4:36 am

||Starbase 12
||Sickbay
||August 27, 2387

Honestly Lillian didn't know what was going on with her, but she did know one thing: she was starting to check herself out in shiny surfaces. It was just a little thing here and there and even in the middle of checking a patient or two she was kind of starting to focus a little bit on things she was saying and on what she wanted and it was bothering her. She had spent so much of her life focusing on other people and putting others before herself, so she didn't understand really what was happening around here right now. All she knew was that little things were bothering her and maybe the spar with Tay'Li hadn't panned out well enough because she still felt off.

She still didn't feel like herself.

Trying to shake the feelings off, she found herself in her office messing with her hair, braiding it and brushing it and unbraiding it and fixing it. Normally she just threw a hair style together and called it good, but she was enjoying her reflection and maybe someone would walk in and notice her hair and that would be that--they'd know just how good looking she was. Wait...wait...why did she even care about that? Lillian Crae was not what anyone would really call a 'vain' being even with her few moments here and there. She was selfless and beautiful, yes, but she never flaunted it.

"It's just a good day for me is all," Lillian told her reflection as she settled on the side braid and then took her duty jacket off. "Not the most flattering duty shirt, but it will have to do for now."

For some reason the thought of how much better she looked in her underwear flashed across her mind but she shook it away and decided to just focus on her work. Right now she didn't have time to gussy herself up and she certainly didn't have anyone to primp for so she didn't know why she was trying so hard right now--like she had to try! No, there it was again, the thoughts that she wasn't supposed to be having and Lillian wondered if it was the stress. This job certainly took its toll, but for some reason she felt like something was wrong and it wasn't her bangs...

<Taggles: EVERYONE. Everyone start feeling strange and we can move this right along...>
Back to top Go down
Dahlia

Dahlia

PostSubject: Re: Mission Two: Epidemic   Mission Two: Epidemic EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 12:28 pm

||Starbase 12
||Hangar 6, Pilot's Lounge
||August 27, 2387

She gasped, and sprawled bodily on the cushions, moaning quietly in anticipation. He took a deep, masculine breath, then lowered himself down to straddle her, the musky scent of him driving her wild. The muscles on his arms flexed as his large hands walked their way up her body to the front of her dress. She was breathing fast now, barely able to contain her excitement. He leaned in to kiss her forcefully, while at the same time his hands settled on her chest. Delicately, tenderly, he undid the strings of her bodice, easing the dress apart to reveal the tender curvature of her smooth, creamy bos-

Dahlia slammed the PADD down on the desk before her, blinking frantically and stifling a gasp at the word she had just read. She didn't know why, but for some reason it horrified her. It suddenly seemed perverse, pornographic, to write about two sentient beings engaging in intercourse for non-reproductive purposes, merely for physical pleasure.

She ran a hand through her hair, trembling slightly. Feeling flushed at the very thought of what she had just been reading, the pilot leaned forward to make her long hair hide her face while she took time to collect her thoughts. Still, the thought that someone might see her reading such filth and reacting like this to it made her blush even more, and so Dahlia hastily deleted the romance novel from her PADD and powered it off. That done, she tried to collect herself and think.

Why this sudden revulsion at this kind of book? Dahlia knew she had always loved the salaciousness of the written word as presented by such masters of literary eroticism as Drofor Dras, but suddenly, the very thought of even the title of such a book revolted her. "Summer in Heat." With her knowledge that Summer was in this case a woman and not a season, Dahlia was horrified at the sexual double entendre that lured unsuspected readers into the embrace of its licentious pages.

A creeping terror overcame her then, that someone might discover her with the PADD and ask what she had been reading. Frantically she rose and dashed to her locker, tossing the PADD inside and slamming it shut again, like a piece of incriminating evidence not matter who indirect. That done, she felt her beating heart, wondering how red and flushed she still was after the ordeal.

"Hey D, what's new? Read any good books lately?" a friendly voice called out from behind her, and Dahlia whirled around in terror, one hand still checking her pulse. Eyes wide, she beheld the smiling visage of Herman Meyer, one of her fellow pilots and frequent co-pilots.

"Books? What do you mean?" she replied hoarsely, eventually remembered to drop her hand away from her pulse to her side.

"Haha, you know, those novels you've always got your nose buried in. Real page turners with strong feminine leads and all that. You were going to loan me one some time you said. Said it would expand my mind from the medieval holo-novel trash I usually read, you said," Meyer laughed, tossing his flight helmet onto a nearby table with a crash that made Dahlia start.

"Novels? What novels? No! I was just reading next shift's rosters. And you can't borrow any of my books. They're not for you. And I don't read books anyway. So forget it!" she said very quickly.

Meyer paused in removing his grimy flight suit to give her a strange look. "Uh, Stendenko, you feeling OK? You look a little feverish. Maybe get the deck officer to give a preliminary medical review, and then…sickbay?" he asked carefully. Dahlia suddenly suspected it was because he wanted to determine whether or not she would be healthy enough to submit to his sexual advances, just like the men in those books.

"I'm fine!" she snapped. "And if you want to start on that, you're looking a bit worse for the wear today. Maybe you should have the deck officer check you out, make sure you're not still feeling the effects of Letowik's birthday party last night," she said smugly, confident that since she had not attended no blame would attach to her.

"Yeah, sure, whatever gets you your kicks," Meyer shrugged, sounding unconcerned. Casually he began unzipping his flight suit, but stopped when he had removed the top half that left him bare chested. He had paused in his undressing because of Dahlia's horrified look in his direction. "Uhhh…Dahlia…what's up?"

She just gaped at him for a moment, then flushed even more crimson than before. "What do you think you're doing? Do you think I'm going to just swoon before you and let you have your way with me just because you take off your shirt? I'm not one of those women!" she shrieked, jabbing her finger at him.

He could only blink in surprise, hands motionless on his partially removed flight suit. "Dahlia, I'm only changing after my shift," Meyer said quietly.

"Yeah, right! We'll see what Lieutenant Jinek has to say about that when I report this incident of harassment!" she practically snarled, then stormed out of the pilot's lounge on her way to…anywhere but there. She needed to think. But as she walked through the crowded hangar bay, Dahlia could feel all the eyes on her. Looking at her. Sizing her up. Undressing her.

With a shiver she clutched her uniform jacket closer to herself and hurried to the turbolift.
Back to top Go down
Sorren Gan
Captain (R)
Captain (R)
Sorren Gan

PostSubject: Re: Mission Two: Epidemic   Mission Two: Epidemic EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 9:09 pm

||Starbase 12
||Captain's Quarters->Sickbay
||August 27, 2387

Gan was leaning back in his chair relaxing when he suddenly realized that he had an intense desire to fill sickbay with laughing gas. It was an odd thought. He placed the PADD down on his desk that he had been thumbing through reports on. He really wanted to go and do that just to see how Lilly would enjoy it. He could watch her from her office, he knew all the codes. Or better yet, what if he ordered a station wide evacuation? Wouldn't that be hilarious? People would be out drifting in space with no idea why! He laughed and steepled his fingers, thinking about what else his power entailed. He was in charge here! He could do whatever he wanted and no one could say him nay. "Computer." He pondered for a moment, thinking what to do first, "I would like to create a holographic cavalry force to preform a charge on the people in the Promenade. Don't remove any restrictions, I don't want them to be hurt. Just startled." He grinned as the computer beeped and returned "Affirmative." He giggled and walked out of his office. Oh, power felt so good! He had to find someone who would enjoy this nearly as much as he did. He went towards Sickbay, walking through the halls playing the anthem of his home town on Bajor. He danced down the hallways, sometimes grabbing people to dance with him for a few steps. After all, they wouldn't deny him. He was the captain! They could and probably did think he was crazy. But that didn't seem to bother him in the least.

He walked through the doors, "Lucy! I'm home!" He exclaimed loudly. He went and knocked on the door to Lillian's office, "Hey come on, I want to show you the awesome things that I can do out here Lillian! What'dya say?" He chuckled warmly, "Computer, unlock and open the door pretty please." He waited for the affirmative and walked into Lillian's office without a care in the world. The burdens he had faced were suddenly gone and he just wanted to play. Now was the time for fun, he certainly hadn't had much since he had gotten here. He didn't even remember having much as a child. Coming out of the Cardassian occupation of their homeworld had really been a downer for his family, and for everyone it seemed. They were happy to be independent of course, they just didn't know how to express it. It certainly was a better situation here. He pressed his lips against the plexiglass the separated Lillian from the rest of Sickbay and blew hard, making amusing noises. Or at least he was certainly amused.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Sharpe
Lieutenant JG (Y)
Lieutenant JG (Y)
Gabriel Sharpe

PostSubject: Re: Mission Two: Epidemic   Mission Two: Epidemic EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 6:00 am

||Starbase 12
||Promenade
||August 27, 2387

Gabe walked down the Promenade, off to repair something some moron had broken. One of these days he was going tocheck all reports and make sure whoever broke things got a word or two from him. Did nobody know how to take care of things anymore? It seems as if it wasn't for him nothing on this station would work, they'd be a spinning wreak before the week was gone if he ever took a break.

He mumbled his complaints as he rounded the corner and heard screams, no doubt a replicator had given them jumba juice instead of coffee.

"Bloody morons." He said to himself as he saw a full blown cavalry charge rampaging down the corridor towards him, "God damn Normans." He added with a growl as he opened his kit and took out a large piece of metal.

He'd done this before, countless times in the holosuite, He'd fought and killed more normans then he could be bothered to count. He stood his ground, calculating the rough speed of the horse, how long it'd take to get to him and where best to hit. His calculations done he pulled back his arm and threw the metal. The horse wimpered as it lost it's footing, disorientated from the blow, the rider did his best to keep control but failed as the horse bucked him onto the metal decking. Without thinking Gabe was on him his fists coming down hard into the hologram's face. Rage took over as he pummeled the cavarlyman's face with his fists, at no point did the fact that the hologram was a generic Cavarlyman and not a Norman enter his mind. An animalistic smile crossed his face as he growled and continued beating down the hologram that, had it have been a real person, would have been dead a few minutes before.
Back to top Go down
Kayrn Wesi
Captain (Vulnian)
Captain (Vulnian)
Kayrn Wesi

PostSubject: Re: Mission Two: Epidemic   Mission Two: Epidemic EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 8:31 am

||Starbase 12
||O'Reilly's
||August 27, 2387

"Sir, you don't need to eat so fast."

Taylor was so busy stuffing his face with medium-rare beef steak that the conversation that Omega squad were so deeply involved had become little more than background noise to him. In the hour that they had been here Taylor had managed to finish off two plates of breaded chicken strips with accompanying hot sauce along with half of his steak that had barely touched the table. At least he had managed the manners of using cutlery but everyone seemed to watch with mixed fascination and disgust at their officer eating like a condemned man. "Mmm?" he said to Jenn with his mouth filled with steak as he blinked in confusion.

To his right James merely chuckled and nodded his head. "I was right. He's finally having a nervous break down."

"Fumph vu." tried Taylor before swallowing the steak. "I'm just starving. I feel like it's been ages since I've had some proper...Earth food. I mean look at this stuff James. The Holy Grail. This is what we're fighting for."

"Is it?" replied James who barely suppressed his smirk as he winked to both Alexi and Jenn. He stood up and raised his glass of water before pounding his heart with his free fist. "I do declare! We have a new war cry my fellow Omega Marines! For the Federation!"

"For our homeworlds!" added Jenn who copied James' pose.

"For the Corps." chimmed in Erlin who remained seated, giving Taylor a fanged smile before sipping on his beer.

"And for half-eaten steak!" finished Alexi who raised his glass upwards.

"At ease, pricks." groaned Taylor sullenly as he took another chunk of steak into his mouth. At this point in time Taylor was only concerned with the steak that had probably been drowned in BBQ sauce. For some reason his appetite had grown along with his need to do things. Only last night Taylor spent just over five hours in the training area lifting weights which probably accounted for his need of red meat. Now all he wanted to do after gorging himself was either heading to the training area again or running a training simulation by himself. This morning Taylor woke up feeling fired up to just go places but sadly the bulkheads of the Starbase would only allow him to go as far.

Back to top Go down
Bakel Marlo
Lieutenant (Y)
Lieutenant (Y)
Bakel Marlo

PostSubject: Re: Mission Two: Epidemic   Mission Two: Epidemic EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 1:59 pm

||Starbase 12
||Engineering
||August 27, 2387
||1430 hours

Marlo had never realized how many attractive men she worked with. It wasn't something that should matter as long as they could do their job, but here she was all the same, giggling like a school girl at something Lieutenant JG Tighe Descar said. He'd always carried a torch for her and she knew it, but she'd never let him do anything about it, so why was it different now? She'd even gone so far as to put her hand over his and smile seductively at him. She'd done this multiple times in the last 20 minutes, not even curious as to why the rational part of her brain which didn't let her form attachments had shut itself off.

"I should get back to work, Ma'am. We should do this more later, though." He nodded approvingly.

She smiled once more, and stood up...not really feeling in the mood to work...which in itself should have been a red flag; but Marlo was too far gone to care anymore. She couldn't even be persuaded to care that she'd been distracting him from his work while on the clock. There was something she felt like she needed to do, after being poisoned on the last mission. She could have died, but was still to worried about rules and regulations--life was too short to play it as cautious as she had been lately. It was time to throw caution to the wind at least once.

"Computer, locate Captain Sorren."
Back to top Go down
Saboteur

Saboteur

PostSubject: Re: Mission Two: Epidemic   Mission Two: Epidemic EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 8:19 pm

||Starbase 12
||Undisclosed Location
||August 27, 2387

Hour 2.5

The virus is working wonders. Everyone seems to be giving into their suppressed emotions--a fight broke out on the Promenade and one Security Officer responded. Their control is slowly waning away and soon this station will be a free for all for the drop to take place and then I shall escape. For now, I am observing and writing down my observations, hoping that everyone will show me a different side of them now...hoping that she will. It's imperative that I know her weakness and it seems perhaps I should put him at risk as well. He certainly wouldn't be expecting it and it might be just the push she needs to see if she can better the toxin that's in her system. I'm cutting off the replicators on Deck 6...we'll see what chaos ensues then.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Sharpe
Lieutenant JG (Y)
Lieutenant JG (Y)
Gabriel Sharpe

PostSubject: Re: Mission Two: Epidemic   Mission Two: Epidemic EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 7:34 pm

||Starbase 12
||Promenade
||August 27, 2387

Watching the madness that was starting to take the Promenade by storm, Gabe smiled slightly then turned back to the repair he was making. He worked slowly not seeing the point of working himself too hard, afterall nobody else would, it was just him that was stupid enough to do that. If wasting time was good enough for them it was good enough for him.

He replaced the EPS Coupler and slid the bulkhead plate back into position, A feeling of being watched passed over him as an Andorian ensign passed him, bumping his knee into gabe's back.

"Watch it... Ensign." he said, vemon practically dripping from his lips.

"Shut it pinkskin, i don't have to take that from you." the Ensign replied, reaching for the phaser on his belt.

Gabe jumped into action, rolling to the right as the phaser's blast hit the bulkhead he'd been working on. He charged forward as the ensign adjusted his aim, the second that took was all the time Gabe needed.

He grabbed the ensign's wrist and twisted hard, the man's wrist cracked and he let go of his weapon. The Andorian kicked Gabe hard in the stomach, driving the air from the engineer's lungs. Gabe lost his grab and stumbled backwards a few paces. Regaining his breath gabe blocked a punch from the Andorian and countered with the point of his elbow, driving it hard into the other man's throat before pulling back and driving his elbow into the man's chin.

Gabe smiled a wolfish grin as the Andorian's head snapped backwards and he fell to the deck. "Never piss off an englishman." He added, using his foot to roll the other man out of the way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mission Two: Epidemic   Mission Two: Epidemic Empty

Back to top Go down

Mission Two: Epidemic
Page 1 of 1