Redemption
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Protection is our Job

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Marlo and Gabe--Fixing the problem

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Bakel Marlo
Lieutenant (Y)
Lieutenant (Y)
Bakel Marlo

Marlo and Gabe--Fixing the problem Empty
PostSubject: Marlo and Gabe--Fixing the problem   Marlo and Gabe--Fixing the problem EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 5:23 pm

||Starbase 12
||Engineering
||August 2, 2387
||1012 hours

Marlo was humming quietly to herself, as she strode through engineering; it was a great day, Her crew was working fervently, and nothing seemed to be the problem at the moment. She hadn't minded not being on the away team, her skills weren't needed down there, unless you count her combat training--but warzones were not really her cup of tea. An ensign rushed up to her, clutching a datapad.

"Huskley." She acknowledged.

"Ma'am...there's been an explosion in the science labs, and they can't get to it...the door's sealed shut." His words spilled out over each other as he shoved the data pad at her.

Marlo took it and immediately began to read, scrolling up faster than she should be able to read, but she'd learned a few tricks. As she read it, her eyes widened in surprise, and silent horror; the datapad seemed to suggest sabotage. She nodded to Huskley, and sent him on his way. She looked around engineering for a brief moment before she spotted one of her best, and made her way over to him.

"Sharpe, We've got a job to do; grab your tools." She ordered.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Sharpe
Lieutenant JG (Y)
Lieutenant JG (Y)
Gabriel Sharpe

PostSubject: Re: Marlo and Gabe--Fixing the problem   Marlo and Gabe--Fixing the problem EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 5:47 pm

||Starbase 12
||Engineering
||August 2, 2387
||1012 hours

Marlo was humming quietly to herself, as she strode through engineering; it was a great day, Her crew was working fervently, and nothing seemed to be the problem at the moment. She hadn't minded not being on the away team, her skills weren't needed down there, unless you count her combat training--but warzones were not really her cup of tea. An ensign rushed up to her, clutching a datapad.

"Ma'am...there's been an explosion in the science labs, and they can't get to it...the door's sealed shut." His words spilled out over each other as he shoved the data pad at her.

Marlo took it and immediately began to read, scrolling up faster than she should be able to read, but she'd learned a few tricks. As she read it, her eyes widened in surprise, and silent horror; the datapad seemed to suggest sabotage. She nodded to Huskley, and sent him on his way. She looked around engineering for a brief moment before she spotted one of her best, and made her way over to him.

Gabe watched as the Science lab appeared red on the readout he was looking at and nodded, turning slowly to face Marlo. Already his mind was going through the decks and sections needed to get to the lab, the set up of the lab's EPS grid and other techincal information he'd spent hours memorising when he'd transfered to the station.

"With ya Chief." he said, reaching under a near-by console to grab his gear, the engineering kit was twice the size of a standard set. As well as the normal tools of his trade, Gabe kept various different odds and ends on the case as well, afterall you never know when some of the 'junk' inside would come in useful. "Do we have a full report of the damage coz it's not on the system as yet."
Back to top Go down
Bakel Marlo
Lieutenant (Y)
Lieutenant (Y)
Bakel Marlo

PostSubject: Re: Marlo and Gabe--Fixing the problem   Marlo and Gabe--Fixing the problem EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 4:17 pm

||Starbase 12
||Engineering
||August 2, 2387
||1012 hours

Marlo was humming quietly to herself, as she strode through engineering; it was a great day, Her crew was working fervently, and nothing seemed to be the problem at the moment. She hadn't minded not being on the away team, her skills weren't needed down there, unless you count her combat training--but war zones were not really her cup of tea. An ensign rushed up to her, clutching a data pad.

Marlo took it and immediately began to read, scrolling up faster than she should be able to read, but she'd learned a few tricks. As she read it, her eyes widened in surprise, and silent horror; the data pad seemed to suggest sabotage. She nodded to Huskley, and sent him on his way. She looked around engineering for a brief moment before she spotted one of her best, and made her way over to him.

Gabe watched as the Science lab appeared red on the readout he was looking at and nodded, turning slowly to face Marlo. Already his mind was going through the decks and sections needed to get to the lab, the set up of the lab's EPS grid and other technical information he'd spent hours memorizing when he'd transferred to the station.

"With ya Chief." he said, reaching under a near-by console to grab his gear, the engineering kit was twice the size of a standard set. As well as the normal tools of his trade, Gabe kept various different odds and ends on the case as well, after all you never know when some of the 'junk' inside would come in useful. "Do we have a full report of the damage coz it's not on the system as yet."

Marlo nodded and handed him the data pad, Huskley had given her. It probably wasn't a full list yet either. who knew what they'd find when they got there, she made her way over to her station and grabbed her toolkit as well. It was never a bad thing to have two overly prepared engineers. They stepped inside the lift, and the doors whooshed closed behind them. It occurred to Marlo that they hadn't really had a chance to talk since she'd taken over with the death of her predecessor...normally she liked to know the people she was working with.

"Deck 8." She said calmly, and turned to Gabe. "So what's your story, Lieutenant?"

They had time to chat as the lift whirred to life.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Sharpe
Lieutenant JG (Y)
Lieutenant JG (Y)
Gabriel Sharpe

PostSubject: Re: Marlo and Gabe--Fixing the problem   Marlo and Gabe--Fixing the problem EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 6:01 pm

||Starbase 12
||Engineering
||August 2, 2387
||1012 hours

Marlo was humming quietly to herself, as she strode through engineering; it was a great day, Her crew was working fervently, and nothing seemed to be the problem at the moment. She hadn't minded not being on the away team, her skills weren't needed down there, unless you count her combat training--but war zones were not really her cup of tea. An ensign rushed up to her, clutching a data pad.

Marlo took it and immediately began to read, scrolling up faster than she should be able to read, but she'd learned a few tricks. As she read it, her eyes widened in surprise, and silent horror; the data pad seemed to suggest sabotage. She nodded to Huskley, and sent him on his way. She looked around engineering for a brief moment before she spotted one of her best, and made her way over to him.

Gabe watched as the Science lab appeared red on the readout he was looking at and nodded, turning slowly to face Marlo. Already his mind was going through the decks and sections needed to get to the lab, the set up of the lab's EPS grid and other technical information he'd spent hours memorizing when he'd transferred to the station.

"With ya Chief." he said, reaching under a near-by console to grab his gear, the engineering kit was twice the size of a standard set. As well as the normal tools of his trade, Gabe kept various different odds and ends on the case as well, after all you never know when some of the 'junk' inside would come in useful. "Do we have a full report of the damage coz it's not on the system as yet."

Marlo nodded and handed him the data pad, Huskley had given her. It probably wasn't a full list yet either. who knew what they'd find when they got there, she made her way over to her station and grabbed her toolkit as well. It was never a bad thing to have two overly prepared engineers. They stepped inside the lift, and the doors whooshed closed behind them. It occurred to Marlo that they hadn't really had a chance to talk since she'd taken over with the death of her predecessor...normally she liked to know the people she was working with.

"Deck 8." She said calmly, and turned to Gabe. "So what's your story, Lieutenant?"

Taking his eyes off the PADD Marlo had given him, Gabe rolled his neck slightly and turned to face Marlo, "Not much to tell really." He started, "I'm English, Son of an engineer as such I've spent a lot of time around machines. Got a really good memory and a habit of 'thinking outside the box'."

"Bit of a history buff and I have a collection of various ancient weapons." He said before flashing his best charming smile, "I'm a pretty simple guy, i tend to just get on with my job."
Back to top Go down
Bakel Marlo
Lieutenant (Y)
Lieutenant (Y)
Bakel Marlo

PostSubject: Re: Marlo and Gabe--Fixing the problem   Marlo and Gabe--Fixing the problem EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 8:11 pm

||Starbase 12
||Engineering
||August 2, 2387
||1012 hours

Taking his eyes off the PADD Marlo had given him, Gabe rolled his neck slightly and turned to face Marlo, "Not much to tell really." He started, "I'm English, Son of an engineer as such I've spent a lot of time around machines. Got a really good memory and a habit of 'thinking outside the box'."

"Bit of a history buff and I have a collection of various ancient weapons." He said before flashing his best charming smile, "I'm a pretty simple guy, I tend to just get on with my job."

"Just get on?" Marlo laughed.

She lived, ate, and breathed engineering. For nine years, after meeting Montgomery Scott she could only dream of entering Starfleet Academy and becoming an Engineer and living up to her potential. She also had a bad habit of bringing her work home with her. Gabe was lucky--he'd grown up around technology...she hadn't even had the chance, what with the Cardassian occupation of Bajor. She nodded slowly.

"You're lucky. I'd give my left arm...not my right, I use it too much...to have grown up around ever changing technology. But I guess, we work with what we're given right?"

The doors opened in front of her, and she bent to retrieve her tools from where she'd set them on the floor. She'd motioned Gabe out ahead of her.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Sharpe
Lieutenant JG (Y)
Lieutenant JG (Y)
Gabriel Sharpe

PostSubject: Re: Marlo and Gabe--Fixing the problem   Marlo and Gabe--Fixing the problem EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 9:15 am

||Starbase 12
||Engineering
||August 2, 2387
||1012 hours

"Bit of a history buff and I have a collection of various ancient weapons." He said before flashing his best charming smile, "I'm a pretty simple guy, I tend to just get on with my job."

She lived, ate, and breathed engineering. For nine years, after meeting Montgomery Scott she could only dream of entering Starfleet Academy and becoming an Engineer and living up to her potential. She also had a bad habit of bringing her work home with her. Gabe was lucky--he'd grown up around technology...she hadn't even had the chance, what with the Cardassian occupation of Bajor. She nodded slowly.

"You're lucky. I'd give my left arm...not my right, I use it too much...to have grown up around ever changing technology. But I guess, we work with what we're given right?"

The doors opened in front of her, and she bent to retrieve her tools from where she'd set them on the floor. She'd motioned Gabe out ahead of her.

"Hence why i always carry around extra." Gabe replied, Stepping out of the turbolift. In his mind's eye he visualised the route they'd have to take to get to the labs.

"I may have grown up around technology but that's about it, barely knew what a girl was until i got to the academy for example. Still i've managed to do okay for myself i guess, what about you chief what's your story?"

He could smell the smoke and burnt metal from here and knew the explosion must have been quite bad, it had to be to have fused the lab doors so badly that the manual override didn't work. In his mind he went over all the compounds he knew that could have fused the doors shut... something here felt wrong.
Back to top Go down
Bakel Marlo
Lieutenant (Y)
Lieutenant (Y)
Bakel Marlo

PostSubject: Re: Marlo and Gabe--Fixing the problem   Marlo and Gabe--Fixing the problem EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 11:23 pm

||Starbase 12
||Engineering
||August 2, 2387
||1012 hours

"Hence why i always carry around extra." Gabe replied, Stepping out of the turbolift. In his mind's eye he visualised the route they'd have to take to get to the labs.

"I may have grown up around technology but that's about it, barely knew what a girl was until i got to the academy for example. Still i've managed to do okay for myself i guess, what about you chief what's your story?"

He could smell the smoke and burnt metal from here and knew the explosion must have been quite bad, it had to be to have fused the lab doors so badly that the manual override didn't work. In his mind he went over all the compounds he knew that could have fused the doors shut... something here felt wrong.

"The first ten years of my life were spent under the thumb of Cardassians, in one labor camp after another." Marlo told him, keeping her voice calm, despite her anger at the memory. "They enslaved my entire race and planet, but my dad enlisted the help of your Federation to help the Bajoran Resistance expel them. We were picked up by the Enterprise D, where I met Montgomery Scott who realized I had a knack for engineering, and the rest is history."

Marlo didn't like talking about that part of her past...it just made her want to kill every Cardassian she met. The labor camps were where she'd first learned to fight, but Monty taught her to channel her anger into something more productive. Now she played the lute to calm herself. She knelt down on the ground and set her toolkit on the ground, unlocked the latch, and opened it, pulling out a laser gun to unseal the metal doors and a small disk with a handle, to manually push the doors open. she handed the disk to Gabe, before locking the case again, and they entered the lab. There were so many blue uniforms running around, frantically, but Marlo knew who she was looking for. She spotted the blonde head of the department and beckoned her over.

"Point me to the lab where the explosion happened." She ordered Cecily.

After donning an environmental suit...just in case...Marlo made her way where Cecily pointed, and pulled out the laser. Silly science types, they never had the proper gear to deal with these kinds of things--but what exactly had they been working on that required this kind of interference? She aimed the laser gun at the top of the door, and ran it down in a straight line. She held out her hand to Gabe, took the disk and placed it on one side of the door. It stuck instantly, but before she pulled, she reached over to the wall panel and sent up a force field. No reason to get anyone else caught in whatever was going to come out. She looked over hers and Gabe's suits before bracing her feet, and pulling as hard as she could.

It opened slightly...just enough room for them to wiggle inside.

(okay, we should end it here? our chief Science officer and Captain want to work with us in mini posts in the mission thread. Razz)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marlo and Gabe--Fixing the problem   Marlo and Gabe--Fixing the problem Empty

Back to top Go down

Marlo and Gabe--Fixing the problem
Page 1 of 1