Redemption
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Protection is our Job

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lilly/Taylor - Medical Attention

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lillian Crae
Lieutenant (T)
Lieutenant (T)
Lillian Crae

Lilly/Taylor - Medical Attention Empty
PostSubject: Lilly/Taylor - Medical Attention   Lilly/Taylor - Medical Attention EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 3:18 pm

||Starbase 12
||Sickbay
||August 2, 2387

Lillian made her way over to Taylor, sitting down next to him and smiling gently. He'd been through a lot and even when he was sick and weak he had shown such heroism and strength and Lillian was glad that he was still alive and that he was going to be fine. Taylor wouldn't even have to stay here for very long once she got the bacteria out of his system and he would like that. After all, she knew he hated doctors so the less time he spent in this place the better. Remembering that and the hook in the nose, she pressed the hypospray to his neck and gave him the medicine that he needed to make him feel better--it wouldn't set in right away, but he'd feel fine by tomorrow.

"I'm glad you didn't die down there," Lillian said gently as she touched his forehead--he still had a fever, but it would break soon enough.
Back to top Go down
https://starbase12.forumotion.com
Kayrn Wesi
Captain (Vulnian)
Captain (Vulnian)
Kayrn Wesi

PostSubject: Re: Lilly/Taylor - Medical Attention   Lilly/Taylor - Medical Attention EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 4:38 pm

||Starbase 12
||Sickbay
||August 2, 2387

Lillian made her way over to Taylor, sitting down next to him and smiling gently. He'd been through a lot and even when he was sick and weak he had shown such heroism and strength and Lillian was glad that he was still alive and that he was going to be fine. Taylor wouldn't even have to stay here for very long once she got the bacteria out of his system and he would like that. After all, she knew he hated doctors so the less time he spent in this place the better. Remembering that and the hook in the nose, she pressed the hypospray to his neck and gave him the medicine that he needed to make him feel better--it wouldn't set in right away, but he'd feel fine by tomorrow.

"I'm glad you didn't die down there," Lillian said gently as she touched his forehead--he still had a fever, but it would break soon enough.

"You and me both..." he groaned as he stirred from his drug-induced slumber. Taylor felt as if his body had been through the wringer and the lack of smell that was signature to a sickbay did little to settle his nerves. Yet he felt safe, secure. The prison wasn't the worst situation he had ever encountered but after being out of the game for a while Taylor's memory was a bit foggy when it came to gory details.

"I guess I have you to thank for these...accommodations? I'm not sure about the food. And the bed will cost you a star on the review."
Back to top Go down
Lillian Crae
Lieutenant (T)
Lieutenant (T)
Lillian Crae

PostSubject: Re: Lilly/Taylor - Medical Attention   Lilly/Taylor - Medical Attention EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 5:02 pm

||Starbase 12
||Sickbay
||August 2, 2387

"You and me both..." he groaned as he stirred from his drug-induced slumber. Taylor felt as if his body had been through the wringer and the lack of smell that was signature to a sickbay did little to settle his nerves. Yet he felt safe, secure. The prison wasn't the worst situation he had ever encountered but after being out of the game for a while Taylor's memory was a bit foggy when it came to gory details.

"I guess I have you to thank for these...accommodations? I'm not sure about the food. And the bed will cost you a star on the review."

She smiled gently and stroked his face momentarily before pulling her hand back. "I figure this is as good a place as any to get you back up on your feet. I've got some medicine in your system and tomorrow you'll feel much better...right now it's just a wait until the fever breaks, but yeah...considering your lack of fondness for anything medical, I suppose a docked star makes sense."

Lillian was trying to stay nice and upbeat since the poor guy didn't really need to be hounded or anything of the sort right now, taking a deep breath and thinking over her words carefully. She already felt like she was on ice around him like she was going to offend him or something, and she felt as though the sooner she got him out of her Sickbay the better because he'd be happier the farther away from her that he was. Now that it was no longer a life and death situation, she knew that Taylor was less likely to be protective at all and while she still would be, it was best she not pretend this was anything more than just a doctor fixing up a fallen marine.

"I owe you some thanks for everything you did down there," Lillian said as she changed the subject a little bit. "I'm just glad that you'll be well enough to see another day. You were..." Incredible. Heroic. Charming. Perfect. "...really great down there. I don't know what we would have done without you helping us along, so thank you. You helped keep a lot of pressure off of my leg, though Doctor Stone is really annoyed I let it get as bad as I did."
Back to top Go down
Kayrn Wesi
Captain (Vulnian)
Captain (Vulnian)
Kayrn Wesi

PostSubject: Re: Lilly/Taylor - Medical Attention   Lilly/Taylor - Medical Attention EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 6:16 pm

||Starbase 12
||Sickbay
||August 2, 2387

She smiled gently and stroked his face momentarily before pulling her hand back. "I figure this is as good a place as any to get you back up on your feet. I've got some medicine in your system and tomorrow you'll feel much better...right now it's just a wait until the fever breaks, but yeah...considering your lack of fondness for anything medical, I suppose a docked star makes sense."

Lillian was trying to stay nice and upbeat since the poor guy didn't really need to be hounded or anything of the sort right now, taking a deep breath and thinking over her words carefully. She already felt like she was on ice around him like she was going to offend him or something, and she felt as though the sooner she got him out of her Sickbay the better because he'd be happier the farther away from her that he was. Now that it was no longer a life and death situation, she knew that Taylor was less likely to be protective at all and while she still would be, it was best she not pretend this was anything more than just a doctor fixing up a fallen marine.

"I owe you some thanks for everything you did down there," Lillian said as she changed the subject a little bit. "I'm just glad that you'll be well enough to see another day. You were..." Incredible. Heroic. Charming. Perfect. "...really great down there. I don't know what we would have done without you helping us along, so thank you. You helped keep a lot of pressure off of my leg, though Doctor Stone is really annoyed I let it get as bad as I did."

"It's nothing personal. I'm just a bit of a nightmare for medical staff to deal with." said Taylor with a small smile. The bed was indeed comfortable but nothing else would compare to a proper bed in some quarters. "You know it's probably the drugs but you look really, really pretty right now. Then again compared to Orion guards anyone would look pretty." he teased, offering a smile as he relaxed his head into the pillow.

He certainly didn't feel like he was of any use on the planet. Sure the small skirmish in the colony had been a moment for his skills to be put to use but even then Taylor wasn't exactly agreeing with Lillians statement. "It was nothing alright? I got myself locked up...drank dirty water and just sweat myself into a near coma. Personally I would have carried you to the top of the hill for rescue but...the situation didn't offer me that chance."
Back to top Go down
Lillian Crae
Lieutenant (T)
Lieutenant (T)
Lillian Crae

PostSubject: Re: Lilly/Taylor - Medical Attention   Lilly/Taylor - Medical Attention EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 6:33 pm

||Starbase 12
||Sickbay
||August 2, 2387

"It's nothing personal. I'm just a bit of a nightmare for medical staff to deal with." said Taylor with a small smile. The bed was indeed comfortable but nothing else would compare to a proper bed in some quarters. "You know it's probably the drugs but you look really, really pretty right now. Then again compared to Orion guards anyone would look pretty." he teased, offering a smile as he relaxed his head into the pillow.

He certainly didn't feel like he was of any use on the planet. Sure the small skirmish in the colony had been a moment for his skills to be put to use but even then Taylor wasn't exactly agreeing with Lillian's statement. "It was nothing alright? I got myself locked up...drank dirty water and just sweat myself into a near coma. Personally I would have carried you to the top of the hill for rescue but...the situation didn't offer me that chance."

"It's the concubine outfit," Lillian said almost immediately, her face flushing because of the compliment. "Nothing quite screams 'pretty' like the lack thereof, of a dress. The moment I have more time, though, I think I'll change--besides the stares, I don't think the CO would be very happy with his CMO running around barely dressed...though I might keep it. I like that it's red."

Lillian smiled at him and nodded at his statement, resting her hand on his a moment to let him know that regardless of how he felt about the situation, he had helped her. She and Max weren't fighters and while they had certainly held their own and perhaps Lillian was a little proud of her ability to keep them all together, she felt as though she had needed him down there and she didn't know entirely why. Either way she gave his hand a squeeze and offered him up a smile.

"You carried me as far as you needed to...besides, I think a strong woman like myself had to pull some share of the weight, right?" she joked as she chewed on her lip. "Don't sell yourself short, Lieutenant Handsome," she teased, trying to lighten the mood a bit. "I'm sure that you'll have plenty of time to whip a team into shape and show us just how marines get things done. I mean look at me--I got thrown over someone's shoulder, forced into these clothes and then I was drugged to make me more compliant. If that fat bastard hadn't spent so much time with Max, I never would have been able to hold my own long enough to poison him. It was a give and take...at least we're alive."
Back to top Go down
Kayrn Wesi
Captain (Vulnian)
Captain (Vulnian)
Kayrn Wesi

PostSubject: Re: Lilly/Taylor - Medical Attention   Lilly/Taylor - Medical Attention EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 6:55 pm

||Starbase 12
||Sickbay
||August 2, 2387

He certainly didn't feel like he was of any use on the planet. Sure the small skirmish in the colony had been a moment for his skills to be put to use but even then Taylor wasn't exactly agreeing with Lillian's statement. "It was nothing alright? I got myself locked up...drank dirty water and just sweat myself into a near coma. Personally I would have carried you to the top of the hill for rescue but...the situation didn't offer me that chance."

"It's the concubine outfit," Lillian said almost immediately, her face flushing because of the compliment. "Nothing quite screams 'pretty' like the lack thereof, of a dress. The moment I have more time, though, I think I'll change--besides the stares, I don't think the CO would be very happy with his CMO running around barely dressed...though I might keep it. I like that it's red."

Lillian smiled at him and nodded at his statement, resting her hand on his a moment to let him know that regardless of how he felt about the situation, he had helped her. She and Max weren't fighters and while they had certainly held their own and perhaps Lillian was a little proud of her ability to keep them all together, she felt as though she had needed him down there and she didn't know entirely why. Either way she gave his hand a squeeze and offered him up a smile.

"You carried me as far as you needed to...besides, I think a strong woman like myself had to pull some share of the weight, right?" she joked as she chewed on her lip. "Don't sell yourself short, Lieutenant Handsome," she teased, trying to lighten the mood a bit. "I'm sure that you'll have plenty of time to whip a team into shape and show us just how marines get things done. I mean look at me--I got thrown over someone's shoulder, forced into these clothes and then I was drugged to make me more compliant. If that fat bastard hadn't spent so much time with Max, I never would have been able to hold my own long enough to poison him. It was a give and take...at least we're alive."

The nickname was enough to make him smile. In fact Taylor was happy that his cough and cold sweats were nothing more than a bitter memory. He had taken care of Lillian and now it was her turn to return the favour. "I got to say, you really did suit the dress. Stockings and heels would have been a great addition." he commented.

"I'm glad that we're back safe...home. I suppose this is home now. I wish I had my old squad with us on that planet...we would have lucked out a lot more. These guys...they were some of the best people I've ever known. Helped me through the war. They didn't have the same good looks as you though."
Back to top Go down
Lillian Crae
Lieutenant (T)
Lieutenant (T)
Lillian Crae

PostSubject: Re: Lilly/Taylor - Medical Attention   Lilly/Taylor - Medical Attention EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 7:10 pm

||Starbase 12
||Sickbay
||August 2, 2387

The nickname was enough to make him smile. In fact Taylor was happy that his cough and cold sweats were nothing more than a bitter memory. He had taken care of Lillian and now it was her turn to return the favour. "I got to say, you really did suit the dress. Stockings and heels would have been a great addition." he commented.

"I'm glad that we're back safe...home. I suppose this is home now. I wish I had my old squad with us on that planet...we would have lucked out a lot more. These guys...they were some of the best people I've ever known. Helped me through the war. They didn't have the same good looks as you though."

"I think the idea was less to have to take off of me," Lillian joked, though she was blushing more now. "However, I'm a big fan of heels, especially on boots."

That was the second time that Taylor had commented about her being attractive and she had no idea what to really do about it because he'd gone from hating doctors to calling her pretty and...maybe it was the drugs. She wasn't supposed to take this personally and so straightened up and pat his chest gently, smiling down at him and opening up her mouth to speak because if she didn't, she'd just blush all over the place. By the time Taylor felt well, he'd be back to his old self and his old self didn't include being friends with doctors, so this was about as good as it was going to get with them, she was sure of it.

"You've met prettier women, I'm sure," she teased, scrunching up her nose playfully. "Still, I'm sure if you tell Gan, he'll get you a team. This base could use some more marines as far as I'm concerned...I doubt any of them are more handsome than you though. You're even attractive when you're sick and not many people can say that. Are you feeling alright? Congestion? Chills?"
Back to top Go down
Kayrn Wesi
Captain (Vulnian)
Captain (Vulnian)
Kayrn Wesi

PostSubject: Re: Lilly/Taylor - Medical Attention   Lilly/Taylor - Medical Attention EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 7:34 pm

||Starbase 12
||Sickbay
||August 2, 2387

"I think the idea was less to have to take off of me," Lillian joked, though she was blushing more now. "However, I'm a big fan of heels, especially on boots."

That was the second time that Taylor had commented about her being attractive and she had no idea what to really do about it because he'd gone from hating doctors to calling her pretty and...maybe it was the drugs. She wasn't supposed to take this personally and so straightened up and pat his chest gently, smiling down at him and opening up her mouth to speak because if she didn't, she'd just blush all over the place. By the time Taylor felt well, he'd be back to his old self and his old self didn't include being friends with doctors, so this was about as good as it was going to get with them, she was sure of it.

"You've met prettier women, I'm sure," she teased, scrunching up her nose playfully. "Still, I'm sure if you tell Gan, he'll get you a team. This base could use some more marines as far as I'm concerned...I doubt any of them are more handsome than you though. You're even attractive when you're sick and not many people can say that. Are you feeling alright? Congestion? Chills?"

"Gan is Fleet. Fleet don't like marines." Taylor pointed out. "Ritter is proof to that theory. Do you still think he wants me in the brig for pointing out that he was under the influence of drink during his command? I mean he technically can't. Any order given by an officer under the influence is null and void. I'm sure with your clearance you could access the internal sensor logs of the shuttle bay from when he walked in. The shuttle itself...might be a stretch."
Back to top Go down
Lillian Crae
Lieutenant (T)
Lieutenant (T)
Lillian Crae

PostSubject: Re: Lilly/Taylor - Medical Attention   Lilly/Taylor - Medical Attention EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 9:12 pm

||Starbase 12
||Sickbay
||August 2, 2387

"Gan is Fleet. Fleet don't like marines." Taylor pointed out. "Ritter is proof to that theory. Do you still think he wants me in the brig for pointing out that he was under the influence of drink during his command? I mean he technically can't. Any order given by an officer under the influence is null and void. I'm sure with your clearance you could access the internal sensor logs of the shuttle bay from when he walked in. The shuttle itself...might be a stretch."

"Not everyone in the fleet hates marines," Lillian said with a gentle shrug. "I mean I don't, and before the accident there were more marines here than you think there were. I grew used to having them around, but that's what I get for being here for three years, you know?"

She gave a soft chuckle before taking a deep breath. "You're not going to see the inside of the brig. After everything that happened, I'm sure that Max won't try to make that stick. You were part of us fighting our way out and regardless of whatever bad blood is between you, I also have quite a bit of say in the matter and I'm not saying that because I'm attracted to you--we wouldn't have survived without each other. It'll all be in my report, just...focus on getting better, alright? I just want you to be happy and healthy."
Back to top Go down
Kayrn Wesi
Captain (Vulnian)
Captain (Vulnian)
Kayrn Wesi

PostSubject: Re: Lilly/Taylor - Medical Attention   Lilly/Taylor - Medical Attention EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 10:07 pm

||Starbase 12
||Sickbay
||August 2, 2387

"Not everyone in the fleet hates marines," Lillian said with a gentle shrug. "I mean I don't, and before the accident there were more marines here than you think there were. I grew used to having them around, but that's what I get for being here for three years, you know?"

She gave a soft chuckle before taking a deep breath. "You're not going to see the inside of the brig. After everything that happened, I'm sure that Max won't try to make that stick. You were part of us fighting our way out and regardless of whatever bad blood is between you, I also have quite a bit of say in the matter and I'm not saying that because I'm attracted to you--we wouldn't have survived without each other. It'll all be in my report, just...focus on getting better, alright? I just want you to be happy and healthy."

"You've mentioned this attraction a few times. Though not directly." stated Taylor with a smile. "Besides...it's not the first time I've seen the inside of a brig. You forget that before this I was once a young corporal or sergeant with a lot of spare time on his hands. I was part of the Betazed garrison after the war too. I know how...accommodating your people can be."
Back to top Go down
Lillian Crae
Lieutenant (T)
Lieutenant (T)
Lillian Crae

PostSubject: Re: Lilly/Taylor - Medical Attention   Lilly/Taylor - Medical Attention EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 2:12 am

||Starbase 12
||Sickbay
||August 2, 2387

"You've mentioned this attraction a few times. Though not directly." stated Taylor with a smile. "Besides...it's not the first time I've seen the inside of a brig. You forget that before this I was once a young corporal or sergeant with a lot of spare time on his hands. I was part of the Betazed garrison after the war too. I know how...accommodating your people can be."

"Then you also know how hot and cold we can be...emotional...as a people I wouldn't call us the most likely to think things through--we leap before we look where we're leaping," she said with a shrug. "Catch us during the Phase and and we're very accommodating. In fact, some Betazoids have been known to take on additional lovers--even married ones. Not much you can do with those quadrupled sex drives when your husband is lacking...not that they complain about getting a break."

She laughed and looked at him. "In my experience, soldiers tend to have the best stamina--that and during the war, a bit of fun could be had without worrying about heartbreak or any of that. While we value love, we don't really view sex like some do--it's an expression, which of course can be love but I've never..." she paused a moment, "...really had time for love. What about you? I'm sure you've done more than experienced Betazoid hospitality..."
Back to top Go down
Kayrn Wesi
Captain (Vulnian)
Captain (Vulnian)
Kayrn Wesi

PostSubject: Re: Lilly/Taylor - Medical Attention   Lilly/Taylor - Medical Attention EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 11:58 am

||Starbase 12
||Sickbay
||August 2, 2387

"Then you also know how hot and cold we can be...emotional...as a people I wouldn't call us the most likely to think things through--we leap before we look where we're leaping," she said with a shrug. "Catch us during the Phase and and we're very accommodating. In fact, some Betazoids have been known to take on additional lovers--even married ones. Not much you can do with those quadrupled sex drives when your husband is lacking...not that they complain about getting a break."

She laughed and looked at him. "In my experience, soldiers tend to have the best stamina--that and during the war, a bit of fun could be had without worrying about heartbreak or any of that. While we value love, we don't really view sex like some do--it's an expression, which of course can be love but I've never..." she paused a moment, "...really had time for love. What about you? I'm sure you've done more than experienced Betazoid hospitality..."

"Starfleet doesn't allow its people to lay the foundation for life building. It can offer many things but a family life isn't one of them." said the marine as he rubbed his forehead. "I suppose I've had a few romances but no one that could ever convince me to give up the uniform. Something about the service just...gives me comfort that they could never could. The ridged code of honour, the expectations of duty. These are things that I couldn't really function without. Romance or not."

He offered a smile to her as he folded his hands on his stomach. "I'm a company man, doctor. Loyal to the Corps and to those that I serve with. Having clear goals and objectives is a much comforting notion than...the unknown."
Back to top Go down
Lillian Crae
Lieutenant (T)
Lieutenant (T)
Lillian Crae

PostSubject: Re: Lilly/Taylor - Medical Attention   Lilly/Taylor - Medical Attention EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 4:42 pm

||Starbase 12
||Sickbay
||August 2, 2387

"Starfleet doesn't allow its people to lay the foundation for life building. It can offer many things but a family life isn't one of them." said the marine as he rubbed his forehead. "I suppose I've had a few romances but no one that could ever convince me to give up the uniform. Something about the service just...gives me comfort that they could never could. The ridged code of honour, the expectations of duty. These are things that I couldn't really function without. Romance or not."

He offered a smile to her as he folded his hands on his stomach. "I'm a company man, Doctor. Loyal to the Corps and to those that I serve with. Having clear goals and objectives is a much comforting notion than...the unknown."

It was in that moment that it really sunk in with Lillian that trying to find something here was a bad idea--she had always wanted to fall in love, get married and settle down someday. This man was all about duty to the uniform and flirting was one thing, but there was nothing here to suggest that he was open to the possibility of a different future or to suggest that she would be the one to open him up to it...so why bother to try? Of course that hurt her and she was sure that her face showed it, but the softness of this moment had been nice until he'd thrown that out there at her and now all she wanted to do was get as far away as possible before she started liking him anymore than she did.

"Sounds like a lonely life," Lillian said gently as she rose to stand. "Well, you'll be able to be loyal for much longer thanks to getting off of Thalos. The medicine should go into further affect in a few hours, but you don't have to stay here if you don't want to. Just don't over-exert yourself, alright?" She was shutting down...it was obvious and she knew it because of her abruptness, but she felt like this was how it was supposed to be to protect herself. "If you have any problems, let me know--I'm almost always here."
Back to top Go down
Kayrn Wesi
Captain (Vulnian)
Captain (Vulnian)
Kayrn Wesi

PostSubject: Re: Lilly/Taylor - Medical Attention   Lilly/Taylor - Medical Attention EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 5:26 pm

I think that's a wrap.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lilly/Taylor - Medical Attention   Lilly/Taylor - Medical Attention Empty

Back to top Go down

Lilly/Taylor - Medical Attention
Page 1 of 1