Redemption
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Protection is our Job

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mission Three: Behind the Scenes

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Marshall Frost
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Marshall Frost

Mission Three: Behind the Scenes Empty
PostSubject: Mission Three: Behind the Scenes   Mission Three: Behind the Scenes EmptyMon May 20, 2013 2:30 pm

||Ready Room
||DWS Shredder
||February 12, 2388

Sometimes, Marshall Frost lashed out in anger.

He did not enjoy being thwarted and he did not enjoy knowing that he had failed because that was just it: he didn’t normally fail. He had gotten all of the information on the Starbase 12 crew that he needed when the virus hit and his agent of that was still with him and unharmed, but that didn’t mean that right now he wasn’t being rejected. The colony knew of ‘Doclin’—Marshall had been making a name for himself for the last 5 years, slowly but surely, and Starfleet still wasn’t any wiser and he intended to keep it that way. Still, what bothered him more than that was the colony’s complete rejection of a proposition of actual trade because he’d been in a good mood…and because to be honest, what he would trade to them would be laced with a toxin he could monitor, but that was beside the point. What mattered was that it had made him lash out.

Marlo’s technology that she developed a long time ago had been tweaked and he had on the DWS Shredder, a powerful weapon like her phase canon, but not quite her phase canon. He was able to reduce colonies to rubble and bleeding out patients and while he hadn’t powered it up to full strength, he had fired without warning and now they were leaving just like that. They didn’t have the time to care, nor would they even if they did have the time it required to give a shit. Marshall had then taken to his ready room and now he was pondering as he light up a cigarette, enjoying the simpler things in life: plotting something that would actually help him.

His trade and the eventual study of this newest biological weapon was something he had been waiting for and now he had to try it some other way. He had to find a new target and he certainly couldn’t wait around while the colonists enlisted aid, their distress beacon up and running now that they were attacked. They didn’t know his name, they didn’t know why he had done this or what his ship was called, but they had heard the whispers of ‘Doclin’…perhaps that was why the trade had been cancelled. He’d been trying to come up with new aliases, but what was the point in being feared if you didn’t get to be the person that they feared?

Opening up a channel, Doclin sighed. “Kaol…I need to speak to you in my Ready Room.”

That done, he waited for his Romulan number 2 to come to him. His system was that he had 6 people out there that knew the truth about ‘Doclin’…about who Doclin really was inside of Starfleet and right after Lillian was Kaol. Kaol was his right hand man since Lillian refused to see the light and that was alright—the chase to her made parts of it worth it and he certainly loved to see the Betazoid beauty in pain. They all did. So right now he needed to council with the one that knew him almost as well as Lillian did and plan the next move.

<Tags: Kaol>
Back to top Go down
Kaol Radaik

PostSubject: Re: Mission Three: Behind the Scenes   Mission Three: Behind the Scenes EmptyTue May 21, 2013 2:34 am

||Armory->Ready Room
||DWS Shredder
||February 12, 2388

He shook his head as he rechecked over the weapons and ammunition for all the ships various manners of assault. Kaol was a meticulous sort of man, and while his Romulan heritage tended to lead him towards cunning and passion, he had a good head for numbers. He didn't always approve of Doclin's methods, but he certainly knew how to get things done. Though he probably wouldn't have fired on the colony in retribution of the trade rebuke, he could appreciate the destruction it wreaked. He grabbed a hold of his pistol and then thought better of it. If he came before Doclin armed, it might be the last thing he ever did. He placed it down on the crate he had been working on and hurried off. The man also appreciated promptness, and Kaol had seen what had happened to men who had disappointed the man. He knew he was one of very few who knew anything about Doclin's past, but he would never mention it unless he was asked to. He had a tendency to test the Romulan, and he also knew what happened to people who failed the tests. And since he rather enjoyed living, he would continue doing his best to never let down his Captain. He wondered what machinations Doclin had up his sleeve this time. He knew where they were, they could, in reality, have a response team sent to this planet by the one person needed more than Kaol. He was a mischievous soul, and was very good at his job. But there was always someone else he seemed to desire. They had worked together for some time, and he could read some of Doclin's undertones.

Breaking out into a run, he reached the door of the Ready Room. He made himself presentable, smoothing down his hair and making sure that his clothes weren't overly wrinkled from the run. He didn't think Doclin would kill him for looking disheveled but he also wouldn't put it past him either. He walked through the doors and inclined his head slightly out of respect. Kaol knew his place was beneath the former Mr. Frost, and if he ever forgot, he was given one sharp reprimand. He knew if he forgot a second time, he would end up a corpse.

"The stroke on the planet was well timed sir, I think the overall carnage was excellent." He stated simply, as he had thought earlier, he could definitely appreciate destruction. "But I wonder, being this close to a Starfleet outpost, are we not exposing ourselves to possible Federation discovery?" He knew that Doclin didn't want Starfleet to know who he was, at least not yet. He was to be a rumor, a whisper of darkness that heralded doom to those who spoke of the shadows too loudly. "I was going over our secondary weapons systems, tweaking things to run more efficiently sir. How can I be of service?"
Back to top Go down
Marshall Frost
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Marshall Frost

PostSubject: Re: Mission Three: Behind the Scenes   Mission Three: Behind the Scenes EmptyFri May 24, 2013 4:36 pm

||Ready Room
||DWS Shredder
||February 12, 2388

Marshall smiled a little bit, nodding at the man and then clearing his throat. He was young compared to a lot of people of his ship, but he got things done and he was stronger than most...a subject of some of his own projects and a mastermind behind it all. Sometimes he wondered how he got to this place, but he knew--he knew exactly how he got to where he was and how he became this powerful, feared man, and he was proud of himself. He'd taken hardship and turned it into power and while he certainly wasn't the strongest that he had, but he was in love with the power rush and he had a secret: A secret only one even knew and that person would never spill it.

"It will certainly send a message if nothing else," Marshall admitted with a shrug. "What I think we need to discuss, however, if sending a larger message. Our weapon--the one I've been working on--can be stronger. On top of that, we can be stronger. I've been working on a bunch of little side projects that I think that you should look over. Technology can be used to enhance just about anything if you understand what it was that you were doing and we both know that I know what I'm doing."

He had done enough experimenting on different humanoids and non humanoids to know how they worked--how they operated. If anyone was going to turn people into weapons, it was Marshall and he could do it without leaving behind any traces of how to do it again because he could replicate it all from memory. Besides, he couldn't be leaving anything other than weapon signatures behind that he was still trying to get rid of. Either way, he was competent that he would withstand whatever it was that would be thrown in his direction and he looked Kaol in the eyes.

"So...what do you think?" He asked him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mission Three: Behind the Scenes   Mission Three: Behind the Scenes Empty

Back to top Go down

Mission Three: Behind the Scenes
Page 1 of 1