Redemption
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Protection is our Job

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Taylor/4 - Bargaining Chip

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Saboteur

Saboteur

Taylor/4 - Bargaining Chip Empty
PostSubject: Taylor/4 - Bargaining Chip   Taylor/4 - Bargaining Chip EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 3:03 pm

||Starbase 12
||TBD
||August 27, 2387

He was a large man--6'5", muscled frame, full head of hair, trained as an operative...and he had a new side mission. This whole event had been set up to find very specific weaknesses and monitor telepathic side effects and she had more than one weakness: one was the MCO. It could have been argued about the CIO too around the station, but the personal logs had said it all. He made he crazy in a lovesick kind of way whether she realized that or not and that meant he was a target.

Of course he wasn't to be killed.

Since before the accident landing Gan in charge, Lieutenant 'Timothy Grange' had been a Security Officer. He'd helped take out several of his 'fellow comrades' and then faked having psychological trauma to get passed over for promotion. Now, he was still here undercover, doing his last mission here before returning and reporting his findings as 4.

Finding Taylor was easy, and yet he was also gauging what suppressed 'symptoms' the man was showing. Shrugging it off a little, he approached the man, having met everyone at least once if only in passing with some of them and the MCO was fairly new compared to the other department heads. Smiling as he strolled right on in to see what kind of chaos had been unleashed, 'Grange' looked for Taylor.

"Captain Lucas?"

(Pick the location, please...^.^)
Back to top Go down
Kayrn Wesi
Captain (Vulnian)
Captain (Vulnian)
Kayrn Wesi

PostSubject: Re: Taylor/4 - Bargaining Chip   Taylor/4 - Bargaining Chip EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 12:02 pm

||Starbase 12
||Taylor's Office
||August 27, 2387

He was a large man--6'5", muscled frame, full head of hair, trained as an operative...and he had a new side mission. This whole event had been set up to find very specific weaknesses and monitor telepathic side effects and she had more than one weakness: one was the MCO. It could have been argued about the CIO too around the station, but the personal logs had said it all. He made he crazy in a lovesick kind of way whether she realized that or not and that meant he was a target.

Since before the accident landing Gan in charge, Lieutenant 'Timothy Grange' had been a Security Officer. He'd helped take out several of his 'fellow comrades' and then faked having psychological trauma to get passed over for promotion. Now, he was still here undercover, doing his last mission here before returning and reporting his findings as 4.

Finding Taylor was easy, and yet he was also gauging what suppressed 'symptoms' the man was showing. Shrugging it off a little, he approached the man, having met everyone at least once if only in passing with some of them and the MCO was fairly new compared to the other department heads. Smiling as he strolled right on in to see what kind of chaos had been unleashed, 'Grange' looked for Taylor.

"Captain Lucas?"

"Don't you knock?" growled Taylor as his mind raced as his eyes darted across a PADD. Lately the regiment had been flooding his office with paperwork and requests. Ever since Gan had put in the deployment requisition the SFMC HQ was looking for as much information on the deployment in case the area turned into a hot zone.

"What do you want? Can't you see I'm a bit busy?"
Back to top Go down
Saboteur

Saboteur

PostSubject: Re: Taylor/4 - Bargaining Chip   Taylor/4 - Bargaining Chip EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 12:15 pm

||Starbase 12
||Taylor's Office
||August 27, 2387

"Captain Lucas?"

"Don't you knock?" growled Taylor as his mind raced as his eyes darted across a PADD. Lately the regiment had been flooding his office with paperwork and requests. Ever since Gan had put in the deployment requisition the SFMC HQ was looking for as much information on the deployment in case the area turned into a hot zone.

Perhaps his suppressed feelings were anger? it was possible that he was just battling with everything inside of him and that was enough to make anyone frustrated, of course, but 'Grange' had the in inoculation against it all in his system to observe. This was about Taylor now and that meant he had to stand his ground, so he touched his lieutenant pips on his collar in his security uniform and just shrugged a little bit.

"I was looking for you, actually, Lucas," he explained slowly. "Surely you can spare a moment for a like-minded officer."
Back to top Go down
Kayrn Wesi
Captain (Vulnian)
Captain (Vulnian)
Kayrn Wesi

PostSubject: Re: Taylor/4 - Bargaining Chip   Taylor/4 - Bargaining Chip EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 1:27 pm

||Starbase 12
||Taylor's Office
||August 27, 2387

"Captain Lucas?"

Perhaps his suppressed feelings were anger? it was possible that he was just battling with everything inside of him and that was enough to make anyone frustrated, of course, but 'Grange' had the in inoculation against it all in his system to observe. This was about Taylor now and that meant he had to stand his ground, so he touched his lieutenant pips on his collar in his security uniform and just shrugged a little bit.

"I was looking for you, actually, Lucas," he explained slowly. "Surely you can spare a moment for a like-minded officer."

"That depends." replied Taylor with equal slowness as he looked up at the man. "Gold uniform. Engineers want nothing to do with marines, Operations less so. So why do I have a security lieutenant coming into my office? What is it you want to talk about. I've got an entire company's worth of paperwork to get through."
Back to top Go down
Saboteur

Saboteur

PostSubject: Re: Taylor/4 - Bargaining Chip   Taylor/4 - Bargaining Chip EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 3:05 pm

||Starbase 12
||Taylor's Office
||August 27, 2387

"Captain Lucas?"

"That depends." replied Taylor with equal slowness as he looked up at the man. "Gold uniform. Engineers want nothing to do with marines, Operations less so. So why do I have a security lieutenant coming into my office? What is it you want to talk about. I've got an entire company's worth of paperwork to get through."

"I came to size you up--strategy suggests I get a bearing on you before I mar your pretty face," he said as he leisurely sat down across from Taylor and propped his feet up on the desk, grinning at the marine.

Taylor could fight him, sure, but 'Grange' knew he could win such a hand to hand fight if need be and right now being honest didn't seem bad. He was planning on capturing the man and using him as leverage to test out a theory and the less he cooperated, the more fun it would be. It was fun enough, he supposed, that Taylor was in the middle of this and had no idea why, but that answer would come with time and wound Lillian in a deeper way.

"You're a vital tool, actually, Lucas," he said with a nonchalant shrug. "Paperwork can wait, can't it? Surely you've noticed the chaos outside your doors..." Standing, he moved away from the desk before speaking again. "Computer...Alpha..." Just like that, a force field went up to trap Taylor there and there was a safety net between him and this assassin.
Back to top Go down
Kayrn Wesi
Captain (Vulnian)
Captain (Vulnian)
Kayrn Wesi

PostSubject: Re: Taylor/4 - Bargaining Chip   Taylor/4 - Bargaining Chip EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 9:56 pm

||Starbase 12
||Taylor's Office
||August 27, 2387

"Captain Lucas?"

"I came to size you up--strategy suggests I get a bearing on you before I mar your pretty face," he said as he leisurely sat down across from Taylor and propped his feet up on the desk, grinning at the marine.

Taylor could fight him, sure, but 'Grange' knew he could win such a hand to hand fight if need be and right now being honest didn't seem bad. He was planning on capturing the man and using him as leverage to test out a theory and the less he cooperated, the more fun it would be. It was fun enough, he supposed, that Taylor was in the middle of this and had no idea why, but that answer would come with time and wound Lillian in a deeper way.

"You're a vital tool, actually, Lucas," he said with a nonchalant shrug. "Paperwork can wait, can't it? Surely you've noticed the chaos outside your doors..." Standing, he moved away from the desk before speaking again. "Computer...Alpha..." Just like that, a force field went up to trap Taylor there and there was a safety net between him and this assassin.

The sudden arrival of a forcefield caused Taylor to jump out from his chair. He had a pulse phaser pistol in his desk which he brought out and chimmed the commbadge on his uniform. "MPs to OC's office." he said to no one. "MPs! Respond!". The SFMC military police squad attached to his unit weren't picking up the call. Maybe the field was blocking the signal.

"Already so you got me in your trap. Now what?"
Back to top Go down
Saboteur

Saboteur

PostSubject: Re: Taylor/4 - Bargaining Chip   Taylor/4 - Bargaining Chip EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 12:39 am

||Starbase 12
||Taylor's Office
||August 27, 2387

"Captain Lucas?"

The sudden arrival of a forcefield caused Taylor to jump out from his chair. He had a pulse phaser pistol in his desk which he brought out and chimmed the commbadge on his uniform. "MPs to OC's office." he said to no one. "MPs! Respond!". The SFMC military police squad attached to his unit weren't picking up the call. Maybe the field was blocking the signal.

"Now what?" 'Grange' smirked. "Originally I came in here hoping for some good old fashioned sparring, but you're the MCO so of course you're packing," he motioned to the weapon, "and that's not the plan. The plan is payback. It's revenge. She betrayed us and now that we know how to wound her, we're getting her back. Perhaps not me personally, I've never met the bitch, but the boss wants her to feel what betraying him means."

He pulled the chair over to the edge of the force field and sat in it, shrugging. "This attack on the station is purely research. Everyone is weakened and they will be...in fact all of the new changes are about to set in and be permanently in control for the next few hours and then you'll wind down and I'll be gone but you'll know what happened--remember everything. I want her to remember what it feels like to want something and have it taken away. You didn't even choose this, but she chose you and she can't have what she wants, Lucas, don't you see that? Once you get in you never get out and she can't get out. She owes him. You're just the poor son of a bitch who got caught in the middle and part of me even feels bad about it--you didn't ask to draw her in. Hell, you probably don't even like her back, but her guilt over bringing you pain will be enough. I'm thinking a gas...fill your lungs and make you make them burn?"
Back to top Go down
Kayrn Wesi
Captain (Vulnian)
Captain (Vulnian)
Kayrn Wesi

PostSubject: Re: Taylor/4 - Bargaining Chip   Taylor/4 - Bargaining Chip EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 3:55 pm

||Starbase 12
||Taylor's Office
||August 27, 2387

"Captain Lucas?"

"Now what?" 'Grange' smirked. "Originally I came in here hoping for some good old fashioned sparring, but you're the MCO so of course you're packing," he motioned to the weapon, "and that's not the plan. The plan is payback. It's revenge. She betrayed us and now that we know how to wound her, we're getting her back. Perhaps not me personally, I've never met the bitch, but the boss wants her to feel what betraying him means."

He pulled the chair over to the edge of the force field and sat in it, shrugging. "This attack on the station is purely research. Everyone is weakened and they will be...in fact all of the new changes are about to set in and be permanently in control for the next few hours and then you'll wind down and I'll be gone but you'll know what happened--remember everything. I want her to remember what it feels like to want something and have it taken away. You didn't even choose this, but she chose you and she can't have what she wants, Lucas, don't you see that? Once you get in you never get out and she can't get out. She owes him. You're just the poor son of a bitch who got caught in the middle and part of me even feels bad about it--you didn't ask to draw her in. Hell, you probably don't even like her back, but her guilt over bringing you pain will be enough. I'm thinking a gas...fill your lungs and make you make them burn?"

"I'm a lot tougher than you give me credit for." said Taylor as he gripped his pistol. He looked for away out his eyes scanning along where the force field emitters might be. The marine licked his lips as he drew his eyes across the threshold of his office before he raised his side arm. He fired a few pulses at the wall, hoping to catch one of the emitters before an orange ball of energy smacked home. A blue flicker appeared before dying as the field fell and Taylor grinned.

He swung his arm around as he tried to bring his assailant into aim with his weapon. Taylor licked his lips as he advanced forward with the weapon drawn. "Now you're mine you bastard!"

Back to top Go down
Saboteur

Saboteur

PostSubject: Re: Taylor/4 - Bargaining Chip   Taylor/4 - Bargaining Chip EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 3:02 am

||Starbase 12
||Taylor's Office
||August 27, 2387

"Captain Lucas?"

He pulled the chair over to the edge of the force field and sat in it, shrugging. "This attack on the station is purely research. Everyone is weakened and they will be...in fact all of the new changes are about to set in and be permanently in control for the next few hours and then you'll wind down and I'll be gone but you'll know what happened--remember everything. I want her to remember what it feels like to want something and have it taken away. You didn't even choose this, but she chose you and she can't have what she wants, Lucas, don't you see that? Once you get in you never get out and she can't get out. She owes him. You're just the poor son of a bitch who got caught in the middle and part of me even feels bad about it--you didn't ask to draw her in. Hell, you probably don't even like her back, but her guilt over bringing you pain will be enough. I'm thinking a gas...fill your lungs and make them burn?"

"I'm a lot tougher than you give me credit for," said Taylor as he gripped his pistol. He looked for away out his eyes scanning along where the force field emitters might be. The marine licked his lips as he drew his eyes across the threshold of his office before he raised his side arm. He fired a few pulses at the wall, hoping to catch one of the emitters before an orange ball of energy smacked home. A blue flicker appeared before dying as the field fell and Taylor grinned.

He swung his arm around as he tried to bring his assailant into aim with his weapon. Taylor licked his lips as he advanced forward with the weapon drawn. "Now you're mine you bastard!"

"Now that's more like it, but still unfair," 'Grange' said with a grin and a chuckle--he did so like it better when his prey fought back.

The large, muscular man was also a lot quicker on his feet than anyone would give him credit for and he was more than ready to barrel at Taylor, knocking the phaser out of his hand and going for his throat. He knew enough about the marine to know that this was going to be a fight and a tough one at that, but he knew something that Taylor didn't--he knew a lot that Taylor didn't--and he knew he wasn't going to die here, even if Taylor was now out for blood. It also dawned on the assailant that Taylor hadn't even bothered to ask about Lillian...not once. He didn't ask anything about the woman he was trying to wrong and maybe that spoke something about Taylor's character as a man.

"You don't even want to know who got you put on a hit list?" 'Grange' asked as his large hand gripped Taylor's less muscular neck.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taylor/4 - Bargaining Chip   Taylor/4 - Bargaining Chip Empty

Back to top Go down

Taylor/4 - Bargaining Chip
Page 1 of 1