Redemption
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Protection is our Job

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Gan/Max - Favors

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Max Ritter
Lieutenant Commander (Gr)
Max Ritter

Gan/Max - Favors Empty
PostSubject: Gan/Max - Favors   Gan/Max - Favors EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 2:32 am

|| Starbase 12
|| Bridge
|| August 3, 2387
|| 1100ish?

After securing his release from sickbay, Max quickly freshened up in his quarters, then made his way to the bridge to see Gan. Time was of the essence he knew, and there was much to be said. Things on Thalos had not gone exactly as he'd hoped, but he knew there was still a chance to turn the whole thing to his advantage, particularly in the context of past away missions that had not gone so well. It was time to consolidate his power both as Executive Officer and Chief Intelligence Officer, and that required the approval of the station's CO. It might be awkward at first, since they hadn't spoken much since the previous disastrous away mission, but he knew it was time.

With these thoughts in mind he made his way through the bridge, nodding at personnel he passed. Pausing before the door to Gan's ready room, Max collected his thoughts for a moment, and cleared his throat. He keyed the door control, and, for good measure, his comm badge. "Captain, it's Ritter. A word with you, if I may?"

<tag>
Back to top Go down
Sorren Gan
Captain (R)
Captain (R)
Sorren Gan

Gan/Max - Favors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gan/Max - Favors   Gan/Max - Favors EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 3:05 am

|| Starbase 12
|| Bridge
|| August 3, 2387
|| 1100ish?

After securing his release from sickbay, Max quickly freshened up in his quarters, then made his way to the bridge to see Gan. Time was of the essence he knew, and there was much to be said. Things on Thalos had not gone exactly as he'd hoped, but he knew there was still a chance to turn the whole thing to his advantage, particularly in the context of past away missions that had not gone so well. It was time to consolidate his power both as Executive Officer and Chief Intelligence Officer, and that required the approval of the station's CO. It might be awkward at first, since they hadn't spoken much since the previous disastrous away mission, but he knew it was time.

With these thoughts in mind he made his way through the bridge, nodding at personnel he passed. Pausing before the door to Gan's ready room, Max collected his thoughts for a moment, and cleared his throat. He keyed the door control, and, for good measure, his comm badge. "Captain, it's Ritter. A word with you, if I may?"

He finished a cup of coffee while he read over his the final draft of his formal report to Starfleet. He made sure to reflect the positive actions that had been taken on the planet and his desires for the things that he had talked with Taylor about earlier that morning. He smiled softly to himself as he heard Max's voice come over the commbadge. He nodded, placing the PADD down on the table. "Come in, Max." He had wanted to have a few words with his XO anyway, but he had wanted to get out his report before he had. It was no matter though, he could spare any amount of time. Though for Max to seek him out was certainly intriguing. Perhaps a second round of losses was what they needed to recoup their friendship. The first had been destructive, but this was a rallying cry. They had stood their ground, and while they were hurting, he felt like they were stronger because of it.

The doors slid open and he greeted Max with a wave. "Come in man, sit down. Have a cup of coffee, its almost as if I ground it this morning." He chuckled warmly, glad that Max looked well enough and also glad that he felt well enough to be doing all this. He slid the PADD across the desk and motioned for Max to take it. "I want you to read that and see if you have anything to add to my report. For the moment I have declined to inform Starfleet of the disagreement you seem to have had with Lieutenant Lucas. But if you wish to press charges, I will place them in the report." He left it at that, waiting to hear what his XO had to say.
Back to top Go down
Max Ritter
Max Ritter

Gan/Max - Favors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gan/Max - Favors   Gan/Max - Favors EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 12:18 pm

|| Starbase 12
|| Bridge
|| August 3, 2387
|| 1100ish?

He finished a cup of coffee while he read over his the final draft of his formal report to Starfleet. He made sure to reflect the positive actions that had been taken on the planet and his desires for the things that he had talked with Taylor about earlier that morning. He smiled softly to himself as he heard Max's voice come over the commbadge. He nodded, placing the PADD down on the table. "Come in, Max." He had wanted to have a few words with his XO anyway, but he had wanted to get out his report before he had. It was no matter though, he could spare any amount of time. Though for Max to seek him out was certainly intriguing. Perhaps a second round of losses was what they needed to recoup their friendship. The first had been destructive, but this was a rallying cry. They had stood their ground, and while they were hurting, he felt like they were stronger because of it.

The doors slid open and he greeted Max with a wave. "Come in man, sit down. Have a cup of coffee, its almost as if I ground it this morning." He chuckled warmly, glad that Max looked well enough and also glad that he felt well enough to be doing all this. He slid the PADD across the desk and motioned for Max to take it. "I want you to read that and see if you have anything to add to my report. For the moment I have declined to inform Starfleet of the disagreement you seem to have had with Lieutenant Lucas. But if you wish to press charges, I will place them in the report." He left it at that, waiting to hear what his XO had to say.

"Thank you sir," Max replied appreciatively, and took a cup of coffee. "How are you feeling? I hear you had an excting time of it aboard the station while I was off gallivanting about the galaxy." Smiling and blowing on his warm mug, he seated himself and listened to what his CO had to say. But when those words were spoken and he began to read the PADD, his smile deteriorated in a neutral expression, his default look to avoid scowling and revealing his true emotions.

When he was done, he fixed Gan with a steely gaze. "What is there to say? Captain, I am sure you learned from your predecessor that there are two sides to every story, and this matter is no exception. We have here an unruly Marine who seems to be carrying an unprofessional grudge. To tell you the truth, I'm a bit perturbed by this. Based on his performance on the mission, I was prepared to commute his sentence to one day in the brig and three days docked pay, but based on this I am concerned about his discipline and respect for the chain of command. I'm almost tempted to reinstate or even double the original sentence, just to maintain order aboard this station at a time when it is needed most. But frankly, sir, I'm curious as to your take on this whole thing."

Max was irritated by the implications, to say the least. He had all but forgotten about the little disciplinary infraction in the course of the away mission's excitement, but based on the Marine's actions it all seemed personal now. The fact that he might be getting rid of a potential rival, both professionally and personally, factored into all this but right now it was about the heat of the moment. He decided to pursue this thing to its final conclusion, just out of principle. And he made a mental note to have Ensign Tavares doctor the relevant sensor logs to make sure his story was airtight in this matter.
Back to top Go down
Sorren Gan
Captain (R)
Captain (R)
Sorren Gan

Gan/Max - Favors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gan/Max - Favors   Gan/Max - Favors EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 5:48 pm

|| Starbase 12
|| Bridge
|| August 3, 2387
|| 1100ish?

"Thank you sir," Max replied appreciatively, and took a cup of coffee. "How are you feeling? I hear you had an exciting time of it aboard the station while I was off gallivanting about the galaxy." Smiling and blowing on his warm mug, he seated himself and listened to what his CO had to say. But when those words were spoken and he began to read the PADD, his smile deteriorated in a neutral expression, his default look to avoid scowling and revealing his true emotions.

When he was done, he fixed Gan with a steely gaze. "What is there to say? Captain, I am sure you learned from your predecessor that there are two sides to every story, and this matter is no exception. We have here an unruly Marine who seems to be carrying an unprofessional grudge. To tell you the truth, I'm a bit perturbed by this. Based on his performance on the mission, I was prepared to commute his sentence to one day in the brig and three days docked pay, but based on this I am concerned about his discipline and respect for the chain of command. I'm almost tempted to reinstate or even double the original sentence, just to maintain order aboard this station at a time when it is needed most. But frankly, sir, I'm curious as to your take on this whole thing."

Max was irritated by the implications, to say the least. He had all but forgotten about the little disciplinary infraction in the course of the away mission's excitement, but based on the Marine's actions it all seemed personal now. The fact that he might be getting rid of a potential rival, both professionally and personally, factored into all this but right now it was about the heat of the moment. He decided to pursue this thing to its final conclusion, just out of principle. And he made a mental note to have Ensign Tavares doctor the relevant sensor logs to make sure his story was airtight in this matter.

He knew what Max said was true about there being two sides to every story. He pondered the implications that would bring, however. "So what you're telling me is that I have two officers on my command staff who are willing to bend the truth to what end, Max? While she didn't back him up, the Lieutenant reported that the complaint was lodged against you before Mr. Lucas came to me in the same regard. So apparently it must not just be a grudge." He thought for a moment or three about what to do about all of this. He stood up from his chair and paced his ready room. "Goddamnit man.." He turned towards his XO, "You're supposed to be my left hand, a show of strength and a beacon that the other officers can strive to be. You are the one they come to when they're too worried or too afraid to come to me with something." He growled low under his breath.

"Now look me in the eyes, Max. Look at me and tell me that you weren't intoxicated on my shuttlecraft. If you have any respect for what we're trying to do here, just be straight with me. It didn't jeopardize the mission, and I don't have a care in the world about the pissing contest between the two of you. You will comport yourselves as officers under my command and respect one another. I don't care if you like each other." He sighed softly, and resigned himself to sitting back down at his desk, "As for the charges of insubordination, you can hold to them if you like. I will pursue them if you wish, you are my XO and I will honor that. Lieutenant Lucas has asked to be tried by Court Martial, which means that if you press charges I will file them in an official report and send you, the Lieutenant and my report to a tribunal of your peers. I will select personnel from the station who are impartial or if you prefer, to the next nearest station to stand under another Captain's authority. But I would ask you as my friend not to follow this course of action. It is of course your choice in this matter Commander."
Back to top Go down
Max Ritter
Max Ritter

Gan/Max - Favors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gan/Max - Favors   Gan/Max - Favors EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 8:46 pm

|| Starbase 12
|| Bridge
|| August 3, 2387
|| 1100ish?

"Thank you sir," Max replied appreciatively, and took a cup of coffee. "How are you feeling? I hear you had an exciting time of it aboard the station while I was off gallivanting about the galaxy." Smiling and blowing on his warm mug, he seated himself and listened to what his CO had to say. But when those words were spoken and he began to read the PADD, his smile deteriorated in a neutral expression, his default look to avoid scowling and revealing his true emotions.

He knew what Max said was true about there being two sides to every story. He pondered the implications that would bring, however. "So what you're telling me is that I have two officers on my command staff who are willing to bend the truth to what end, Max? While she didn't back him up, the Lieutenant reported that the complaint was lodged against you before Mr. Lucas came to me in the same regard. So apparently it must not just be a grudge." He thought for a moment or three about what to do about all of this. He stood up from his chair and paced his ready room. "Goddamnit man.." He turned towards his XO, "You're supposed to be my left hand, a show of strength and a beacon that the other officers can strive to be. You are the one they come to when they're too worried or too afraid to come to me with something." He growled low under his breath.

"Now look me in the eyes, Max. Look at me and tell me that you weren't intoxicated on my shuttlecraft. If you have any respect for what we're trying to do here, just be straight with me. It didn't jeopardize the mission, and I don't have a care in the world about the pissing contest between the two of you. You will comport yourselves as officers under my command and respect one another. I don't care if you like each other." He sighed softly, and resigned himself to sitting back down at his desk, "As for the charges of insubordination, you can hold to them if you like. I will pursue them if you wish, you are my XO and I will honor that. Lieutenant Lucas has asked to be tried by Court Martial, which means that if you press charges I will file them in an official report and send you, the Lieutenant and my report to a tribunal of your peers. I will select personnel from the station who are impartial or if you prefer, to the next nearest station to stand under another Captain's authority. But I would ask you as my friend not to follow this course of action. It is of course your choice in this matter Commander."

Max gazed back at Gan with a practiced impassive expression and replied coldly "Lieutenant Lucas is of course fabricating that claim entirely. I was not intoxicated aboard that shuttlecraft, and my performance on the away mission would seem to confirm this. The Marine's reasons for this can only be speculated on by myself, and I will not burden you with possible theories as to his personal animosities. If you truly think it is the best course of action to let this go, then I will withdraw the charges based on his exemplary performance on the away mission, if only for the sake of station morale." He made it sound like a huge concession on his part, but in truth he knew it was the wiser course of action. Now was not the time. He had to find another way to get rid of Taylor, but one where he had an airtight alibi. The Irish coffees with Lillian this morning made things a bit...tricky. So for now he would back down.

Leaning back in his chair, Max turned to another matter that had been brought up. "I have continually strived to be an approachable and efficient executive officer for you, despite the hardships of late. I can't help but wonder though if some of the negative feelings towards me are due to some irrational fear of this." He tugged at the gray of his uniform. "I have therefore been in contact with Starfleet Command about an eventual replacement for myself in the Intelligence department to solve this matter." He looked appropriately mournful at the thought, although it had been his plan for a while now.

"However, I would be remiss in my current duties as both XO and CIO if I did not point out that several of the misfortunes that have befallen the station and its away missions were due to a lack of timely information on whatever crisis or groups are being faced. My people are doing their best, but we are understaffed and rank behind several other departments in power and computer allotments. I'd therefore like to request an expansion of this station's Intelligence department, both in terms of personnel and computer processing power. If this request is granted, I will ensure that the expansion is seamlessly integrated into current station operations, then step down as CIO and turn my attention to full time executive command." There. His trump card. And maybe the ladies would go more for a man in a red uniform rather a gray one. One lady in particular.
Back to top Go down
Sorren Gan
Captain (R)
Captain (R)
Sorren Gan

Gan/Max - Favors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gan/Max - Favors   Gan/Max - Favors EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 9:13 pm

|| Starbase 12
|| Bridge
|| August 3, 2387
|| 1100ish?

Max gazed back at Gan with a practiced impassive expression and replied coldly "Lieutenant Lucas is of course fabricating that claim entirely. I was not intoxicated aboard that shuttlecraft, and my performance on the away mission would seem to confirm this. The Marine's reasons for this can only be speculated on by myself, and I will not burden you with possible theories as to his personal animosities. If you truly think it is the best course of action to let this go, then I will withdraw the charges based on his exemplary performance on the away mission, if only for the sake of station morale." He made it sound like a huge concession on his part, but in truth he knew it was the wiser course of action. Now was not the time. He had to find another way to get rid of Taylor, but one where he had an airtight alibi. The Irish coffees with Lillian this morning made things a bit...tricky. So for now he would back down.

Leaning back in his chair, Max turned to another matter that had been brought up. "I have continually striven to be an approachable and efficient executive officer for you, despite the hardships of late. I can't help but wonder though if some of the negative feelings towards me are due to some irrational fear of this." He tugged at the gray of his uniform. "I have therefore been in contact with Starfleet Command about an eventual replacement for myself in the Intelligence department to solve this matter." He looked appropriately mournful at the thought, although it had been his plan for a while now.

"However, I would be remiss in my current duties as both XO and CIO if I did not point out that several of the misfortunes that have befallen the station and its away missions were due to a lack of timely information on whatever crisis or groups are being faced. My people are doing their best, but we are understaffed and rank behind several other departments in power and computer allotments. I'd therefore like to request an expansion of this station's Intelligence department, both in terms of personnel and computer processing power. If this request is granted, I will ensure that the expansion is seamlessly integrated into current station operations, then step down as CIO and turn my attention to full time executive command." There. His trump card. And maybe the ladies would go more for a man in a red uniform rather a gray one. One lady in particular.

He nodded, "Thank you, Max. It means a lot to have a resolution to this situation. I know that people worry about the gray. I know what it makes people think, but they'll be able to get past it eventually. They have to respect the established order. If I could help you by putting you in red I would consider it. Though if you are considering it, you'll have to let me know what sort of position you would be suited for. As a member of intelligence, I doubt that even I have the clearance needed to luck at your undoctored file." He chuckled slightly, "Though I would get more of it than anyone else on the station. If I had a mind for it that is. I trust you, and you'd be honest with me I think, if I asked you for your qualifications."

"As for the computer power, I can request that spare power be transferred to you on a regular basis, and save for in times of emergency I would be able to continue that flow. As for personnel I can place into the report the request additional members of the Intelligence community to help bolster your ranks. I agree that having had more information on the last away mission could have been essential. The accident was what it was. I doubt we could have helped that." He pondered for a moment, "Though I would ask you Max, for your recommendation as someone to replace you as my CIO. Perhaps someone you've worked with before?" He shrugged his shoulders, "You'd know a good man. Or woman."
Back to top Go down
Max Ritter
Max Ritter

Gan/Max - Favors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gan/Max - Favors   Gan/Max - Favors EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 2:16 pm

|| Starbase 12
|| Bridge
|| August 3, 2387
|| 1100ish?

Leaning back in his chair, Max turned to another matter that had been brought up. "I have continually striven to be an approachable and efficient executive officer for you, despite the hardships of late. I can't help but wonder though if some of the negative feelings towards me are due to some irrational fear of this." He tugged at the gray of his uniform. "I have therefore been in contact with Starfleet Command about an eventual replacement for myself in the Intelligence department to solve this matter." He looked appropriately mournful at the thought, although it had been his plan for a while now.

He nodded, "Thank you, Max. It means a lot to have a resolution to this situation. I know that people worry about the gray. I know what it makes people think, but they'll be able to get past it eventually. They have to respect the established order. If I could help you by putting you in red I would consider it. Though if you are considering it, you'll have to let me know what sort of position you would be suited for. As a member of intelligence, I doubt that even I have the clearance needed to luck at your undoctored file." He chuckled slightly, "Though I would get more of it than anyone else on the station. If I had a mind for it that is. I trust you, and you'd be honest with me I think, if I asked you for your qualifications."

"As for the computer power, I can request that spare power be transferred to you on a regular basis, and save for in times of emergency I would be able to continue that flow. As for personnel I can place into the report the request additional members of the Intelligence community to help bolster your ranks. I agree that having had more information on the last away mission could have been essential. The accident was what it was. I doubt we could have helped that." He pondered for a moment, "Though I would ask you Max, for your recommendation as someone to replace you as my CIO. Perhaps someone you've worked with before?" He shrugged his shoulders, "You'd know a good man. Or woman."

Max sniffed, and moved his head slightly. "Thank you in turn, sir. I am working on clearing it with Starfleet Intelligence Command, and that will likely be a slow process. In time I would respectfully request a letter of recommendation from you on the subject, but for now it's a bureaucratic waiting game." He chuckled then at something else that occurred to him. "And my file is as classified as people might think…we just like to make it all seem more mysterious than it is. Just out of habit, you understand," he said pleasantly, more at ease now that Gan had eased the tension a bit with his comments.

He nodded in response to Gan's other points, and made a few notes on his PADD at the same time. When the Captain was done speaking he looked up and frowned in thought for a moment. "A replacement, yes…an important decision for all of us, sir." Someone who would be competent, but also someone who would know their place. Someone who wouldn't resent the XO looking over their shoulder the whole time, which he would certainly do to keep tabs on his old department…and the whole station. Such a person would be difficult to find, particularly in the gray uniform.

Max cleared his throat before continuing "Lieutenant T'Vor might be a possibility. Perhaps having a Vulcan in charge of Intelligence might put people's minds at ease a bit more. Still, that's something else I need to confer with Starfleet Intelligence Command about. When the time comes I'll give you a list of recommendations though, rest assured. But for now…" he paused, and glanced out the viewport at the stars for a moment "…what do you think of the new officers under your -our- command? Anyone you need me to talk to about anything?" It was an abrupt change of subject, but Max hoped that and his apparent dedication to his XO duties would impress Gan and make him reveal more of his inner thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Sorren Gan
Captain (R)
Captain (R)
Sorren Gan

Gan/Max - Favors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gan/Max - Favors   Gan/Max - Favors EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 1:49 am

|| Starbase 12
|| Bridge
|| August 3, 2387
|| 1100ish?

Max sniffed, and moved his head slightly. "Thank you in turn, sir. I am working on clearing it with Starfleet Intelligence Command, and that will likely be a slow process. In time I would respectfully request a letter of recommendation from you on the subject, but for now it's a bureaucratic waiting game." He chuckled then at something else that occurred to him. "And my file is as classified as people might think…we just like to make it all seem more mysterious than it is. Just out of habit, you understand," he said pleasantly, more at ease now that Gan had eased the tension a bit with his comments.

He nodded in response to Gan's other points, and made a few notes on his PADD at the same time. When the Captain was done speaking he looked up and frowned in thought for a moment. "A replacement, yes…an important decision for all of us, sir." Someone who would be competent, but also someone who would know their place. Someone who wouldn't resent the XO looking over their shoulder the whole time, which he would certainly do to keep tabs on his old department…and the whole station. Such a person would be difficult to find, particularly in the gray uniform.

Max cleared his throat before continuing "Lieutenant T'Vor might be a possibility. Perhaps having a Vulcan in charge of Intelligence might put people's minds at ease a bit more. Still, that's something else I need to confer with Starfleet Intelligence Command about. When the time comes I'll give you a list of recommendations though, rest assured. But for now…" he paused, and glanced out the viewport at the stars for a moment "…what do you think of the new officers under your -our- command? Anyone you need me to talk to about anything?" It was an abrupt change of subject, but Max hoped that and his apparent dedication to his XO duties would impress Gan and make him reveal more of his inner thoughts.

"Well keep me informed as to the situation. I'll be going over my report in the full debriefing in a few hours." He shrugged his shoulders and pondered for a moment, "There is nothing else that I can think of at the moment. Unless you have any other questions, you can be dismissed Commander. Thank you for your assistance."
Back to top Go down
Max Ritter
Max Ritter

Gan/Max - Favors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gan/Max - Favors   Gan/Max - Favors EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 1:24 am

[quote="Sorren Gan"]|| Starbase 12
|| Bridge
|| August 3, 2387
|| 1100ish?

"Well keep me informed as to the situation. I'll be going over my report in the full debriefing in a few hours." He shrugged his shoulders and pondered for a moment, "There is nothing else that I can think of at the moment. Unless you have any other questions, you can be dismissed Commander. Thank you for your assistance."

"Right. See you in a few hours sir. Good day." Max nodded, then stood and made his way out of the room and out onto the bridge, stopping to chat with an Ops ensign he encountered as he did so.

(OK you can post this if you like)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gan/Max - Favors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gan/Max - Favors   Gan/Max - Favors Empty

Back to top Go down

Gan/Max - Favors
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Redemption :: Starbase 12 :: Joint Posts-
Jump to: